Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Watch Later" broken for You Tube

harrogukharroguk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 145 Plex Pass

Problem
The client will not play "Watch Later" videos from YouTube.

Client plays "Watch Later" videos successfully from Daily Motion
Client will successfully play "Watch Later" videos from YouTube if I downgrade the server to PMS 1.4.4

Server
Windows 2008 R2
PMS 1.5.3.3580

Client
Webclient - Version 3.2.1(https://app.plex.tv/web/app#)
Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133
On Windows 10

Best Answer

Answers

• donyzzdonyzz Members Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. Liveleak, Dailymotion etc work fine, but youtube nothing.

PMS 1.5.3 3580
    Windows 10

• VNDLVNDL Members Posts: 38 ✭✭

Same here on OSX and PMS 1.5.3.3580 (all clients). :(

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,596 Plex Ninja

The strange thing is that everything works perfectly fine on Android, I haven't had a video fail yet. But I can confirm that almost none of my queued YouTube videos work in the web client and some do not work on iOS as well. It looks to be client specific issues and not watch later/queue issues, because otherwise it wouldn't work on Android too.

• harrogukharroguk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 145 Plex Pass

Its likely related to the PMS trying to transcode the stream for particular clients (which explains why it works with some clients and not others).

Unfortunatly because Plex Inc are responsible for both the Server and the Web Client they are the ones that will need to take action to fix this.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,596 Plex Ninja

Most clients should be able to direct play videos from YouTube. I've filed an issue with the web client.

I did try to find out where I could log regressions and bug reports but gave up when it wasnt clear. This meant the only action i could rake was opening threads in every relevant sub-forum

Still broken in...
    PMS 1.5.4.3596

updated and it still doesn't work

PMS 1.5.5.3634

Still failing for 1.6.0.3698-7fe404e94

Started to work for me again in 1.5.5.3634 on OSX!

Using the webclient?

I can get it to work using pretty much everything but NOT on the web client.
    The problem being, when I am travelling the only client I have available is the web client.

edited April 27

@harroguk said:
    Using the webclient?

Yeah, even in the webclient. Did you try different browsers?

Good plan.

Just checked in Microsoft Edge (Hey, its the only other browser I have) and it works there.

Looks like the problem is localised to Chrome. Just tried again there and it is still failing. (even after clearing cached data)

• cartman678cartman678 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 26 Plex Pass

@harroguk said:
    Good plan.

Just checked in Microsoft Edge (Hey, its the only other browser I have) and it works there.

Looks like the problem is localised to Chrome. Just tried again there and it is still failing. (even after clearing cached data)

Same thing here, Chrome will not play watch later on ANY of my youtube clips saved but will work on Firefox and Safari.
    Reset Chrome back to original defaults still nothing, cleared all data still nothing. Plex really needs to address this issue soon. I use chrome for everything and it is a huge pain to switch to a different browser just to watch a video in watch later. I also use the IFTTT applet to auto saved any youtube video's I like.

• cartman678cartman678 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 26 Plex Pass

Same issue, but a little different, IE and Chrome will not play Watch Later but Firefox and Safari can play the videos.
    I use Chrome daily here are my spec.
    Plexweb = 3.4.1
    PMS = 1.61.3722
    Chrome = 58.0.3029.81
    I load video's video IFTTT applet, but I have also used plexit and emailing the link myself, (by passing IFTTT).

plexweb updated to 3.5.0 Still broken in chrome

• jhoward15jhoward15 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

Same here with the latest version of Chrome on a Chromebook - playing videos from Youtube via Watch Later just sit with a spinning circle like it's trying to buffer them.

Chrome 64 bit 59.0.3071.109

Plexweb 3.10.0

Plex server Version 1.5.7.4016

This issue been going on for months with no resolution. Its like the plex devs don't even use this feature.