Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

After updating v2.008 on J6300 transcodes absolutely everything in Plex Cloud in PMS works perfectly

joseapariciogjoseapariciog Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

Hello, after updating v2.008 on J6300 transcodes absolutely everything in Plex Cloud in PMS works perfectly.

Before (v2.007) played almost everything in direct play, but now everything transcodes. I do not know if it is a server or application problem since PMS works correctly.

Thanks for the update, to load faster the funds of the films gives the sensation that it is much faster the application :smiley:

Best Answer

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,267 Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

Actually 2.008 plays more things in Direct Play than 2.007 did.
    If your video is transcoding, there could be several reasons why it does that:

• Your default setting under preferences Playback mode is not "auto"
    • You have an internal subtitle enabled that can't be direct played. (VOBSUB , etc)
    • You have an audio or video codec or combination selected that isn't supported in direct play.
    • You are exceeding the maximum allowed bandwidth as set by the administrator. (remote only)

Anyway, it's hard to tell what's going on without a logfile.
    If you enabled "Send debug to PMS", you should see why the app thinks it should transcode.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,267 Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

Actually 2.008 plays more things in Direct Play than 2.007 did.
    If your video is transcoding, there could be several reasons why it does that:

• Your default setting under preferences Playback mode is not "auto"
    • You have an internal subtitle enabled that can't be direct played. (VOBSUB , etc)
    • You have an audio or video codec or combination selected that isn't supported in direct play.
    • You are exceeding the maximum allowed bandwidth as set by the administrator. (remote only)

Anyway, it's hard to tell what's going on without a logfile.
    If you enabled "Send debug to PMS", you should see why the app thinks it should transcode.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• smontgomerysmontgomery Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have 2.008 for my 2015 tv but, do you know when it will be available for smart hub 2014 tv's?
    Thanks!!

Sorry, can't say. It's up to Samsung.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• faz17faz17 Members Posts: 17 Plex Pass

I have the same problem. Everything transcode if i enable from settings the secure connection. If i disable the secure connection the same file is not transcoding.
    Although without this option the file hosted on google drive are too slow to start.

• mehraj4mehraj4 Members Posts: 2

Hi Orca,
    First of all thanks for the update(2.008), it's faster and smoother than previous version.
    I have updated to v2.008 on my samsung UE48H6500 and now I'm facing a problem with DCA 6 audio with direct play which I can't solve.
    Previously i managed to fix the audio issue easily by setting the "audio output mode" to "manual". However this doesn't solve the issue in this version.
    I have audio when i change the playback mode to transcoding. But it decreases the quality.
    PLEASE HELP!!!