Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Summer of the sequels (2017)

aeonxaeonx Posts: 1,357 Plex Pass
edited May 7 in Plex Film Club

This summer season, a lot of blockbusters and mainly film franchise sequels are coming to the cinemas, among other, smaller movies. What are you planning to go see on the big screen as opposed to in your home cinema on Plex? It's still kind of a big difference to watch a good movie shot in 4K on 70mm IMAX and in THX in the cinema, as opposed to watching it in a living room, no matter how much you spec' it out. Additionally, going out with friends makes cinemas a social and fun place. Some smaller, independent movies don't really benefit from the big silver screen with all its technical spectacle, though.

So many sequels... What's your movie of choice? (Not restricted to this list.)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2? (5 May 2017)
Alien: Covenant? (19 May 2017)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales? (26 May 2017)
Wonder Woman? (2 June 2017)
Despicable Me 3? (30 June 2017)
Cars 3? (16 June 2017)
Transformers: The Last Knight? (23 June 2017)
Spider Man: Homecoming (6 July 2017)
War for the Planet of the Apes (14 July 2017)

I'm curious to hear, and maybe someone has some nice recommendations about good smaller movies that would otherwise be overlooked and drown in the marketing fanfare of big tentpole blockbusters. Those smaller indies I actually do prefer to watch at home on a comfy couch, and for that my Plex system is perfectly fine.

Tagged:

Comments

• aeonxaeonx Posts: 1,357 Plex Pass
    edited April 13

A Ghost Story with Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara looks like a different kind of thriller... releasing on July 7, 2017. I much prefer seeing these smaller independent movies compared to big blockbusters.

• aeonxaeonx Posts: 1,357 Plex Pass
    edited May 7

It'd be interesting to hear about other people's cinema going plans. Don't be shy! ;)