Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sync basically doesn't work

GorillaNinjaGorillaNinja Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Long story short: Syncing almost never works. Right this moment, the server says everything is waiting to be downloaded, my app says everything is waiting to be downloaded, then it says "Sync Complete".

If I uninstall and reinstall the app, then re-queue, sometime some things sync. Other won't. If I watch a show or movie while offline, it never shows up on the server as Watched. When I mark it watched on the server manually, Sync never removes it from the tablet and downloads the next episode or movie.

I'm attaching the logs from both my server and Android app to this post; I hope there's just some fatal flaw with how I've configured something that's causing everything to mostly fail.

Side note: The Plex Server is awesome. Direct Play works great to the TVs within the house, and I can stream everything with no problems to the same tablet. I have external users also able to stream video from my library with no problem. I'm convinced that it's something wrong with my tablet/app, but I can't locate the problem.

My Transcode path has TB of space available, if I've configured it properly, and all files are added to locally-attached disk by the same user that's running the Plex server, so I don't think it's a permission issue. But I'm completely open to anything I've missed in those assessments, and would love any suggestions from the community or Plex folks

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Tagged:

Answers

• trzTheatertrzTheater Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have an almost identical experience on my Android device. Starts to work, seems like it is going ok, then quits. Once I did manage to sync my entire music library, but some songs played and some didn't. Searching around the forums and internet in general, this seems to be a widespread problem with mobile sync. I'd really like some kind of solution or at least a workaround. Mobile sync was one of the main reasons I purchases a Plex Pass. Little did I know such a core feature would be so intermittent.

• TaulkasTaulkas Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sync is currently totally dysfunctional, the only known workaround is to sync a very, very small number of items at one time, such as less than 5. Then it may work.

Synology DS3612xs, upgraded to an i7, doubled RAM and 2x DX1215; Samsung UN32EH5300; Samsung S7; Windows; Debian; FreeBSD

• trzTheatertrzTheater Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Plex team must know about all this issues. However, is there anyway to escalate the concern other than forum posts and similar? Do they have a formal bug-tracking for many users to vouch for the issue?

• TaulkasTaulkas Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dream on, until a higher up at Plex suffers the same issue, it's Gods will or somebody else's fault.

Synology DS3612xs, upgraded to an i7, doubled RAM and 2x DX1215; Samsung UN32EH5300; Samsung S7; Windows; Debian; FreeBSD

• MeatChunksMeatChunks Posts: 150Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 8

Happening on my Galaxy S7 as well running Android 7. I'm currently sitting here watching it say "sync complete" after syncing 4 or 5 tracks, then I have to resume it. A really fun way to spend the day before a trip.

Any way to revert back to a previous version of the app?

• darkbeuhdarkbeuh Posts: 8Members ✭✭

The whole sync feature implementation is totally idiot.

I mean, if I want to download MY content, on MY phone, from MY server with the app I bought, well I need to pay more...

In the end, the need for a plex pass make this all so complicated....
    Seriously with the app I'm connected directly to my server, it should not be a hassle to be able to download stuff.

But no, you have to allow content and device on the server side and all. Needs anticipation...

Jesus, take a look at Netflix. This is the way. You browse your content, you download, period.

Make this.

• badkittybadkitty Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sync has always been FOOBAR'd for me as well. I have all the issues listed in this post. I have sync issues on all my android devices (two Huawei Honor 5x's and two Le Pan TC802A's (cheap old tablets)). I am a Plex Pass holder too. This issue is entirely unacceptable. Currently one of the 5X's can't even get Plex to start up and the other has a huge delay before it opens, I mean like 2-3 minutes.