Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[FIX] - FIX for MP3 audio out of sync on xbox 360.

raphqc16raphqc16 Members Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited April 12 in Xbox 360

Hi everyone,

i think all xbox 360 user have this issue with plex if your video use MP3 for audio.

so after looking on the forum i finally found the answer. (all credit go to: Darkholme)

HOW TO FIX:

1.Find your plex folder. ex: C:/Program Files (x86)/plex/Plex Media Server/Resources/Profiles

2.Now you should see xbox 360 app, xbox 360 xml files.

3.Download this two xml files Download link.

4.Extract the two xml files overtop of the ones in the folder.

5.Restart plex.

now your MP3 video should be fine, enjoy !

Answers

• raphqc16raphqc16 Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

My ''ordered list'' is not perfect at the moment, and i can't edit my post because i'm lvl 1. i will do when i reach lvl 2 :#

• sigo1979sigo1979 Members Posts: 1

With the latest update the problem of synchronization of mp3 seemed solved.
    I have a nas Synology DS 216 j and Xbox 360

@sigo1979 said:

Thank for the info, i will try it tonight if it work for me also !

• kressmrkressmr Members Posts: 2

@Darkholme @raphqc16

So I followed the instructions and copied the edited xml files and restarted plex on both my PC and my Xbox 360 that has a direct LAN connection to my PC, but all files with MP3 audio still have the 5-10 second desync. Any suggestions?

• DarkholmeDarkholme Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Iirc Plex server updates will screw with those XML files and the change might not keep.

Since that workaround, I have given up on using my 360 for Plex (the 360 isn't even hooked up anymore). It just didn't work well and I got fed up. These days it's all PC and Android and Android TV and PS3. Android TV has its own issue I'm trying to deal with right now, but it plays mp3 audio just fine.

But what I came up with, was I went into the two config files mentioned, and told Plex that an xbox360 can't play mp3 audio (by removing it from the lists). As a result, it would transcode it to another audio format before sending it. You see?

@Darkholme said:
    But what I came up with, was I went into the two config files mentioned, and told Plex that an xbox360 can't play mp3 audio (by removing it from the lists). As a result, it would transcode it to another audio format before sending it. You see?

The two files are doing the same, you can do it manually or copy the two files. it will do the same result, i hope it help.

I had assumed as much, since you said your two files were based on my work. I was explaining the process to @kressmr who is having a difficult time getting your approach to work.

• perelandra47perelandra47 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

@raphqc16 said:

@sigo1979 said:

Thank for the info, i will try it tonight if it work for me also !

I have the latest update on win7 64 (1.5.5.3634-995f1dead
    April 12, 2017) and still didn't work on xbox 360. Appliled @raphqc16's fix and seems to be working correctly now (audio sync ok). Thank you! good thinking. :)