Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Showing The Same File Twice

nickp85nickp85 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Recently my Plex Server has started to show two versions of the same TV episodes recently downloaded. When I look at the web interface and go to properties, both versions show the exact same file path and name. I recently updated to version 1.4.x and now running 1.5.3.3580. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
I use Sonarr and nzbget. nzbget is downloading to one folder then Sonarr picks it up, renames and moves it to the folder Plex is monitoring and then sends a notification to Plex to update the library.

Answers

• ChuckPAChuckPA Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 13,677 Plex Team Member

If you hover over the particular show, click 'Get info' . If this is where you're seeing it, then somewhere, you have the same directory listed or of the directories you have listed, there is a symlink which is pushing you back to see the same file.

First step is to manually update the library
    Then empty the trash
    when that's done, Clean the bundles.

It is possible (has happened to me) Sonarr output to the NAS from one host and PMS on the other host are not close enough in sync with each other that PMS adds it before it's fully there.

Taking the steps above should clear that.

If not, we'll grab the logs and see WTheck is going on

• WPGWPG Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

I'm having a similar issue...though it has nothing to do with Sonarr. I'm using Plex DVR...I record several shows, this one particular show is a recurring issue...Plex indexes it twice even though there is only one physical file. Odd.

• phillid2phillid2 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 107 Plex Pass

Having the same issue with some of my music. Here is the old thread: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/263240/duplicate-songs-in-library#latest

• ChuckPAChuckPA Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 13,677 Plex Team Member

@phillid2
    You may continue your music thread (the link you provided above). This thread is about video thanks.

• phillid2phillid2 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 107 Plex Pass

@ChuckPA said:
    @phillid2
    You may continue your music thread (the link you provided above). This thread is about video thanks.

Thank you for allow me to continue my unanswered thread. Using the Plex Dance should not be a solution.

• nickp85nickp85 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited May 12

hey there thanks for the reply, sorry took me so long to respond. I do see the duplicate under get info and when I try to play it asks me which version to play but they're identical.

Tried your steps but unfortunately didn't work.

This is an example of one TV show episode that has two versions. Both to the same path. Plex, Sonarr, and Radarr are all running locally on a QNAP so no remote components. Also doesn't happen with every show, just some episodes of some shows.

I attached the logs as requested.

Delete Files
    /share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/sabnzbd/Designated Survivor/Season 1/Designated Survivor - S01E20 - Bombshell HDTV-720p.mkv
    Delete Files
    /share/MD0_DATA/Multimedia/sabnzbd/Designated Survivor/Season 1/Designated Survivor - S01E20 - Bombshell HDTV-720p.mkv

• nickp85nickp85 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

bumping, please help :smile:

Thank you!

• Scripter83Scripter83 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Any updates to this issue? I'm also see this, using Version 1.5.6.3790