Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No audio with AC3 5.1 on Premiere+

SpunkymankerSpunkymanker Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Using plex 4.4.1 on a new Roku Premiere+.
Connected to a Pioneer VSX-43 reciever via HDMI.
Plex media server is up to date (1.5.4.3596)

All stereo streams work fine, but any videos with AC3 5.1 have no audio. If I manually set the roku to stereo only, it plays audio, but this just isn't acceptable.
I swapped out for a Roku 3 with the same verison of Plex, and everything plays fine on 'Auto' for audio, and it sounds great.
Plex for Ps4 works fine as well.

Answers

• zacwhite15zacwhite15 Posts: 15 Plex Pass

i just noticed this same issue on all of my devices. if i try to stream any media with AC3 5.1 it just sits there loading and then times out after a little while.

• allogatorallogator Posts: 5 ✭✭

Spunky, a lot of us are having this exact issue. Roku released 7.6 on 4/11 so download it and give it a try! I haven't been home yet to check it out, but do report back!

• zacwhite15zacwhite15 Posts: 15 Plex Pass

i have confirmed this is an issue with the 1.5.4.3596-0d2d8c2be udpate, if you rollback to 1.5.3.3580-4b377d295 it resolves the issue. :)

• activemindactivemind Posts: 19 Plex Pass

I've been struggling with the same issue. Only Roku plex client have no audio but other cients (i.e. Web, iOS etc.) all works fine. Zac, any idea how I could get an older version of PMS and rollback? Thanks in advance.

• DFuryDFury Posts: 168 Plex Pass

Can you guys confirm that the files with no audio are, in fact, AC3...and not EAC3? As noted in my other thread, my Ultra wasn't abiding by my universal Roku setting to support only AC3/DTS. It was still trying to stream EAC3, which caused no audio.

• winspiritwinspirit Posts: 2

Same Problem here, No sound with 5.1 AC3

• allogatorallogator Posts: 5 ✭✭

Updating to Roku 7.6 seems to have fixed my Plex AC3 issues--now I just have the random split second sound delays.

• SpunkymankerSpunkymanker Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Indeed, the update to 7.6 has fixed the issue.

• maronismmaronism Posts: 19 Plex Pass

I've noticed the same issue with random sound delays (just drops out momentarily), and on a few occasions I've lost sound entirely. Only a restart of the Roku returns sound.

• danthom1704danthom1704 Posts: 7 Plex Pass

I have Roku 7.6 and still all AC3 have no sound. 5.1 or stereo.

• danthom1704danthom1704 Posts: 7 Plex Pass

I found I had to go into the Roku audio settings and set everything to stereo. It now works.