Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

2016+ Samsung Tizen App Version

Hi Guys,

What is the actual Version of Samsung TV App?
In http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/132141/plex-for-smart-tvs-tivo#latest latest version is 3.1.0 but not available in Samsung Store.

Best Answer

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 321 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

Some devices get updates faster than others, for example for Samsung we submit a release to them and have to wait for them to approve and push it. We have talked about and have plans to make the release notes more clear.

As for 3.1.0 it was published yesterday and I just finished updating the release thread.

Answers

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 321 Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

Some devices get updates faster than others, for example for Samsung we submit a release to them and have to wait for them to approve and push it. We have talked about and have plans to make the release notes more clear.

As for 3.1.0 it was published yesterday and I just finished updating the release thread.

• abh23abh23 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Can you confirm about limitiation on codec profile? I can play video with codec profile main 10 via usb without any issue, but with plex it is always transcode.

Apr 08, 2017 08:23:58.532 [7720] DEBUG - MDE: analyzing media item 4 Apr 08, 2017 08:23:58.532 [7720] DEBUG - MDE: *****: Direct Play is disabled Apr 08, 2017 08:23:58.532 [7720] DEBUG - MDE: *****: media must be transcoded in order to use the hls protocol Apr 08, 2017 08:23:58.532 [7720] DEBUG - ***** - video.profile limitation applies: main 10 != main [list] Apr 08, 2017 08:23:58.532 [7720] DEBUG - ***** - video.profile limitation applies: main 10 != main [list]

some clarification from team will be nice, thx.

• Jack_77Jack_77 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 67 Plex Pass

@abh23: check this

edited May 16

@kay.one Do you know when version 3.3.0 will be available for Tizen 2016+?

• softeristsofterist Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

@Jack_77 said:

Never.

@softerist said:

@Jack_77 said:

Never.

Why?

• softeristsofterist Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

Because Samsung products are not a priority for PLEX. Beside this, Samsung sucks at releasing updates regarding other products (no samsung releases). I advise you to change your TV or buy a Chromecast something.