Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

FreeNAS support

funglennfunglenn Posts: 74 Plex Pass
edited April 12 in FreeBSD

what version of Plex does FREENAS run? it seems to be available via the freenas console and not a download via plex, which is concerning for version lag occurring.
Thinking of migrating away from my Readynas to something more from an open standard. That any my shiny readynas 516 just died and they do not sell repair parts.

Tagged:

Answers

• ahughes03ahughes03 Posts: 129 Plex Pass

It all depends on how you install it...

Via your own install in a generic jail, it's as up to date as 1.5.3

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 509 Plex Employee

Plex makes a .tar.gz available on at https://plex.tv/downloads. Remember: FreeNAS is FreeBSD.

• BillyPrefectBillyPrefect Posts: 75 Plex Pass

Install plex using a docker container in FreeNAS 10 and it's as up to date as a reboot allows

• sremicksremick Posts: 1,145 Plex Pass

Docker solution officially not currently advised anymore (not that I personally would've ever advised it).

ahughes has it: create a generic jail in FreeNAS (don't use the Plex plugin... not advised). Then set up Plex within the jail just like you would any other FreeBSD software. I'm always able to stay current with the latest Plex version and upgrading is a breeze.