Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Audio Sync issues with Chromecast Ultra.

I have been having audio sync issues for a few weeks now using Plex. It only happens when casting to my Chromecast if I view the video on Plex using my phone or on my pc there are no issues. I have also cast the same video file to my Chromecast using VideoStream and it works fine. Is any one else having a similar issue?

I have made sure that my Plex server is fully up to date.
My Chromecast is connected via Ethernet using a linksys wrt1900ac router.
the video file is MKV i tried an mp4 audio sync test file and that seemed to work fine.

I'm happy to provide anything else that would be useful but as of now I have stopped using Plex because I cant work this out.

Answers

• Anybody out there?

• jm_watermanjm_waterman Posts: 2

I'm having an issue with audio sync as well. I'm using a Chromecast Ultra. The audio is consistently about half a second delayed relative to the video. It happens with multiple file types, different encoding, transcoding on the fly, direct play, etc.

Is there an entry in a profile xml file to adjust the audio / video offset, or some other setting that I'm missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!