If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Player broken, since Windows 10 Creators Update?

hospital349hospital349 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited April 14 in Plex Media Player

Plex Media Player: latest version
Windows 10: latest version

Since updating to the latest version of Windows, I have found that Plex Media Player won't open at all (not even a window pops up). Tried troubleshooting and compatibility modes, but nothing seems to help. I downloaded the latest Media Feature Pack (1703), but no luck at all.

Is it just mine?

I have this awful feeling, that I might have to refresh my Windows installation and I really don't want to. :(

Side note: Media Server works perfectly and I can play media, through my browser.

Best Answer

• hospital349hospital349 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Thanks for your responses folks. I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. It was a definite issue with my Windows 10 installation, after upgrading. I did a clean install and am not experiencing any more problems. This issue is solved. Again, thanks for your thoughtful and knowledgeable responses. :)

Answers

• umonroe@hotmail.comumonroe@hotmail.com Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Mine works ok.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the universal app? To do this right click on app and hit Uninstall. Then go to Store and download again.

• DaveBinMDaveBinM Posts: 1,250Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited May 1

@umonroe@hotmail.com That's not PMP, that's the Windows Store app. PMP can be downloaded from https://www.plex.tv/downloads/#plex-app

Server: Late 2014 Mac Mini [3.0Ghz i7-4578U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD]
    Storage: Synology DS1815+ [HGST DeskStar 3TB x 4, HGST DeskStar 6TB x 2 and HGST DeskStar 8TB x 2]
    Clients: PMP (Mac & Windows). iPhone. iPad. PS4. Android. Android TV. Web.

Help: Support | PMS Logs | PMP Logs | iOS Logs | Media XML

• hospital349hospital349 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Thanks for your responses folks. I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. It was a definite issue with my Windows 10 installation, after upgrading. I did a clean install and am not experiencing any more problems. This issue is solved. Again, thanks for your thoughtful and knowledgeable responses. :)