If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Player switch to wrong monitor during refresh rate change

red5goaheadred5goahead Posts: 12Members ✭✭

Hi

I was a user of Media Portal since a long time. Now I use Plex and I'm rather happy with it.

My Htpc is not dedicated so I've a Windows 10 Pro x64 client, connected to a typical vga Asus pc monitor 1600x900 with an unique 60 Hz. refresh rate and a Panasonic plasma ST60 connected through Hdmi and the Marantz Sr5009 avr audio equipment. The graphic card is an Amd RX260X with the last Whql Crimson driver. The tv is the device I use with Plex, it support all refresh rate 24 and 23,976 hz, 25,30, 29,997 59,997,60 .
The vga Asus is the main one , Windows identify it with the number 2 , the tv is and the extended one and it's identified with the number 1 (I guess because it's the hdmi/dvi one)

Plex server is almost perfect but I've some trouble with the player.

I start plex through an auto it script because I prefer to switch the audio device , the realtek main audio device with the Hdmi Audio devices. I switch the audio devices, start Plex with --tv --fullscreen switches and back to normal when Plex quits.

There is no option to start / force Plex media player on the tv (monitor 1) and it's a little bit complicated to move Plex on it (shift-Windows+arrows helps) but often Plex do not remember the last monitor .

Plex player work very well with a stunning quality on my plasma and no problems at all also with the audio , it support the bit streaming with no configuration.

The main problem is that during refresh rate change (50---->24 for example), Plex switch to the other monitor, from the tv to the Asus monitor and it's a mess. It's a not a rule, typically It happen the first time, when I try again it work tv keep the 24 HZ new refresh rate and the play start properly on the right device

Tips?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• red5goaheadred5goahead Posts: 12Members ✭✭

Ok, sorry I don't receive any notify to your answer several weeks ago, so I read it now

Ok. Got it I'll try

I hope that the main issue will be gone

The main problem is that during refresh rate change (50---->24 for example), Plex switch to the other monitor, from the tv to the Asus monitor and it's a mess. It's a not a rule, typically It happen the first time, when I try again it work tv keep the 24 HZ new refresh rate and the play start properly on the right device

• red5goaheadred5goahead Posts: 12Members ✭✭

It works fine now. I had not any issues with the monitors