Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

video blacks out in the middle

tennisbgctennisbgc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

I have mkv remuxes of looney tunes platinum blurays and most of the episodes will play and about a minute into the episode the screen will go black for about 10 or so seconds and then resume. they seem to play fine on the web player just not through xbox

Answers

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,336 Plex Employee

@tennisbgc Hi there. That sounds like pretty odd behaviour indeed. Is it always the same section of the video? Is it possible that there is some sort of corruption around that part in the video file? Some platform decoders are more sensitive than others to issues with the video stream.

• tennisbgctennisbgc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

yes its always the same section. I did notice if created the mkv using mkvmerge that problem would happen but if I used a different program like makemkv in particular I didn't get that issue. once again this issue only happen when played on the xbox one

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,336 Plex Employee

That certainly makes the corruption theory more plausible. As I mentioned some device player stacks are more sensitive to corruption than others. If the video is direct playing or direct streaming then that would confirm the issue is with the file and there's not much we can do. If the video is transcoding and still causing that issue then we would be interested in a sample file.

• tennisbgctennisbgc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass
    edited April 23

I sent you the file. The file is not corrupt since it plays fine on my pc and plex web player. I was playing it using direct play at original quality.