Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rasplex with HifiBerry Digi+: audio sync issue

jobelzjobelz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
edited April 22 in Rasplex

Hey people!

I recently switched from the Samsung Plex app to a Raspberry Pi 3 B running rasplex. Passthrough audio was giving me issues (more related to Samsung imo, I had to manualy set up what the TV set had to pass through) so I decided to upgrade my Pi with a HifiBerry Digi+ and hook the optical out directly to my sound system.
Everything works fine now, except for a small sync issue with sound. Enough to irk me of course. :)
Does anyone know how to fix this? I tested the media, it works fine when played with VLC for example. I tried setting the audio offset but it only allows increments of 25ms and it doesn't allow me to set it to a correct value.

Any advice appreciated!
Cheers!
Johan

Best Answer

• jobelzjobelz Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I didn't manage to get things fixed.

I did solve my problem though: I installed Libreelec (Kodi) with the Plex Addon. Installation was a breeze, SSH'ed in to activate the Hifiberry Digi, set it as default output, allowed pass through and set Plex Addon to start automatically. Very easy and works like a charm, no additional messing with settings needed.

Answers

edited April 22

The issue is confirmed to be dynamic. So the sync is fine but slowly, over the course of a few seconds, goes out of sync. Only to pop back to synced a bit later. I played with the settings but it's either skipping video frames or audio/video sync issues, unless I missed a possible combination.

Nobody else had this issue so far?

Accepted Answer

I didn't manage to get things fixed.

I did solve my problem though: I installed Libreelec (Kodi) with the Plex Addon. Installation was a breeze, SSH'ed in to activate the Hifiberry Digi, set it as default output, allowed pass through and set Plex Addon to start automatically. Very easy and works like a charm, no additional messing with settings needed.