Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles out of sync on Samsung TV

Answers

• StorageMachineStorageMachine Posts: 2Members

Is this issue getting fixed any time soon? This really is a big deal and has to be top priority to be fixed as soon as possible.

• mariovfl@outlook.commariovfl@outlook.com Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree that at least we can have an answer, even if it to say that it's not a priority !

• dj_robdj_rob Posts: 2Members

Also totally agree. Status…???

• itchykillitchykill Posts: 7Members ✭✭

This is now very clear to me.

I won't be purchasing the full PLEX service.

The lack of support on such a serious matter is extremely worrying.

It's impossible to watch content with this bug and it has been like this for way too long.

Very, very poor service!

• washington23washington23 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's too bad there aren't more people here with Plex Passes already commenting on this issue. I'm much less inclined to renew my Pass seeing that this issue has gone on for so long.

• mickeldaelmansmickeldaelmans Posts: 262Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mattseeley, happen to have news regarding this issue?

My Plex setup: Synology DS916+ (8GB), RPI3 + Plex for Kodi, Oneplus 3 (Android 7), Chromecast 1st gen & 2nd gen, Samsung UE43KU6500

• stefanvanruitenstefanvanruiten Posts: 247Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@itchykill said:
    Could PLEX please post a status on this bug/problem?

This has been going on for too long and is seriously troublesome! Status please!

Plex probably doesn't care. All clients are bugged nowadays and hardly any get updates, fixes or even feedback from Plex. On my Samsung ue55ks7000 subtitles are seriously out of sync.

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,590Members ✭✭✭✭

@stefanvanruiten said:

@itchykill said:

This has been going on for too long and is seriously troublesome! Status please!

Plex probably doesn't care. All clients are bugged nowadays and hardly any get updates, fixes or even feedback from Plex. On my Samsung ue55ks7000 subtitles are seriously out of sync.

I don't think you should generalize that way. I for one have no concerning issues with TV apps and PMS at present.

What I do understand is sync issue has been mentioned to do with subtitles, is that correct?

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

@Gdr56 said:

@stefanvanruiten said:

@itchykill said:

I don't think you should generalize that way. I for one have no concerning issues with TV apps and PMS at present.

What I do understand is sync issue has been mentioned to do with subtitles, is that correct?

Yes subtitles are 1-2 seconds out of sync with no way to adjust manually and the same subs work fine on Kodi.

Regarding the clients, PMP is seriously bugged and hasn't been updated in ages, Plex for Kodi development has slowed to a trickle, my Samsung app has never seen an update, PHT development has ceased. PMS is fine as is the Android app, but all other clients have issues for me.

@stefanvanruiten said:

@Gdr56 said:

@stefanvanruiten said:

@itchykill said:

Yes subtitles are 1-2 seconds out of sync with no way to adjust manually and the same subs work fine on Kodi.

Regarding the clients, PMP is seriously bugged and hasn't been updated in ages, Plex for Kodi development has slowed to a trickle, my Samsung app has never seen an update, PHT development has ceased. PMS is fine as is the Android app, but all other clients have issues for me.

Updates are applied automatically on some Samsung. Check under PMS Devices the version your TV app.

Link to Release announcements.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/132141/plex-for-smart-tvs-tivo#latest

Does it play normally with mp4 / optimized.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• jacobmarnerjacobmarner Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 15

@Gdr56 said:

Updates are applied automatically on some Samsung. Check under PMS Devices the version your TV app.

Link to Release announcements.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/132141/plex-for-smart-tvs-tivo#latest

Does it play normally with mp4 / optimized.

I am the OP of this thread. I tried doing a force update of the APP (by uninstalling and installing again) and the issue is still there.

edited July 15

I'll wait for the Embry to be available in EU on Tizen for Samsung and then i'll give that a go and see if it does better.

Apparently there's no need to have high hopes in the future of Plex. Which is actually a shame since I've in the past felt that Plex was incredibly awesome.

• dobo.laszloudobo.laszlou Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@softerist said:
    U're a little dramatic.
    I'm sure in one or two months PLEX engineers will resolve this! They are the best for this.

Yeah, suuuuuuuuuuure. I'm laughing my ass off. My previous post is 100% accurate to this day. It's been exactly 3 months.

I'm on 3.1.0 which is also (3.8.0) for some reason I believe. Anyway, it's still pretty hopeless. It kinda works when I start a movie fresh and don't touch anything for the duration. Any searching or pausing or restarting an partially watched movie ruins the subtitle sync.

Plex answered on Facebook that I just should force burn subtitles.

Well, that doesn't work.

Lol?

• softeristsofterist Posts: 29Members ✭✭

Maybe they should burn all Plex company and throw all of engineers to garbage. :)
    LoL

• mattmarsdenmattmarsden Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Guys I think you're being a bit unfair to the Plex team. I agree an answer would be great so as we know where we stand with this issue but Plex is in most other regards a great bit of software and probably the best media player and media manager that I have used, and there is lots of development going on in other areas.

mattmarsden:

I can't see how we are unfair. No matter what service you provide, a 3 months old bug is unacceptable. I admit that PLEX normally is a great product, but this is really not OK. This should have had higher priority.

@itchykill said:
    mattmarsden:

I can't see how we are unfair. No matter what service you provide, a 3 months old bug is unacceptable. I admit that PLEX normally is a great product, but this is really not OK. This should have had higher priority.

Really, I agree this aggressive displeasure is wrong. Surely DLNA would work in the interim. I see there non Plex pass users also having a whine , it's free for you. I Can somewhat understand Pass users being a tad umbraged but surely there are work a rounds.

edited July 17

Gdr56,

By all means, please provide a work around?

I've been contemplating buying a PLEX pass for a while (especially because I've found the product to be awesome), but this doesn't encourage me to do so at this moment. Agreed, that it's a free service for me right now, and as I've stated numerous times, I've always loved PLEX.

I personally haven't been "aggressive", but just fair and honest about my experiende and feeling towards this huge issue.

No matter how you put it, this bug and the long wait for a solution is still not acceptable. :-) A simple status response could have turned things around a bit.

PS. non PLEX-PASS users are allowed equally to comment and respond to issues. It's foolish to state that free users aren't allowed to be unsatisfied with an issue.