Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles out of sync on Samsung TV

Answers

• LMerfuLMerfu Posts: 10Members ✭✭

^^ what he said. It's really annoying and, on top of the buffering issue I'm having on my Samsung 55ks7502, it make PLEX completely unusable anymore.

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,590Members ✭✭✭✭

@itchykill said:
    Gdr56,

By all means, please provide a work around?

I've been contemplating buying a PLEX pass for a while (especially because I've found the product to be awesome), but this doesn't encourage me to do so at this moment. Agreed, that it's a free service for me right now, and as I've stated numerous times, I've always loved PLEX.

I personally haven't been "aggressive", but just fair and honest about my experiende and feeling towards this huge issue.

No matter how you put it, this bug and the long wait for a solution is still not acceptable. :-) A simple status response could have turned things around a bit.

PS. non PLEX-PASS users are allowed equally to comment and respond to issues. It's foolish to state that free users aren't allowed to be unsatisfied with an issue.

So your saying DLNA / All share does not do the job either?

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• reuvengreuveng Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Same issue on MU8000 TV that I just bought. Looks like PLEX has no interest to address this problem.

• MarcoLinzzMarcoLinzz Posts: 1Members

Same issue here, KS8000 TV. Please fix it.

• knudsvikknudsvik Posts: 1Members

Same issue with my UE65KS7005

• LLajasLLajas Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same on my UN49MU7600. As a lifetime subscriber, it'd be nice to get an ETA of some sorts on a resolution.

• spharexspharex Posts: 1Members

Same with 55mu7005, any information would be nice...

• plex@inplex@in Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same with 40mu6175, also like some information!

How do I know which version of Tizen I have?

• StorageMachineStorageMachine Posts: 2Members

I'm having the problem with a UE49KS7080 and everything with the latest official version.

But it looks like everyone is having the problem, no matter the exact TV model.

• saleemksaleemk Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Guys

Subtitles out of sync on KS7500 & KS7000 version 3.1.0 (3.8.0) Tizen 2.4.0

• Andrikos7Andrikos7 Posts: 13Members ✭✭

Waiting for you dear Plex team.
    Give me a price and i swear i will pay you for the fix.

• andreasochmikaelaandreasochmikaela Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please fix this or you are losing a paying customer

• softeristsofterist Posts: 29Members ✭✭

H@H@ @andreasochmikaela they don't give a **** about you or the rest of the customers. They never did.

• stevie060282stevie060282 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

still experiencing this issue any chance of getting this fixed or even acknowledging there is a issue?

• Andrikos7Andrikos7 Posts: 13Members ✭✭
    edited August 4

So happy that my UE32K5500 shows subtitles via DLNA, my F8000 has the old Plex app which is awesome AF and my Qnap Nas has unofficial Kodi Krypton app.
    From 3/3 devices using Plex i left with one.

• tmalinentmalinen Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 4

Seems to only happen when you pause / stop watching when there's subtitles on screen. If you pause when they're not, it doesn't go out of sync.

@LMerfu said:
    ^^ what he said. It's really annoying and, on top of the buffering issue I'm having on my Samsung 55ks7502, it make PLEX completely unusable anymore.

Limit quality to 20Mbit/s 1080p, or whatever the highest quality setting on your TV is below "Original". Plex can't play very high bitrate files without stuttering on these TVs for whatever reason. It might be the TVs decoder is **** or it might be Plex's player is ****.

• NivCorrinTinyNivCorrinTiny Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tmalinen said:
    Seems to only happen when you pause / stop watching when there's subtitles on screen. If you pause when they're not, it doesn't go out of sync.

@LMerfu said:

Limit quality to 20Mbit/s 1080p, or whatever the highest quality setting on your TV is below "Original". Plex can't play very high bitrate files without stuttering on these TVs for whatever reason. It might be the TVs decoder is **** or it might be Plex's player is ****.

I was going to post the same, changing quality one setting lower solve this.
    For example I have a movie which is original quality is 10Mb, lower this to 8Mb 1080p solve the issue for me.

I have the feeling the issue is because I'm using Plex over wifi and the player can't handle the stream with the highest bitrate because he need more bandwidth, I wonder if that happen to people here which connected via 1Gb wired connection to their router?

My config:
    Samsung KS9500, plex app and server are most updated.
    Wifi speed on the tv are 33Mbps.

• softeristsofterist Posts: 29Members ✭✭

@NivCorrinTiny said:

@tmalinen said:

@LMerfu said:

I was going to post the same, changing quality one setting lower solve this.
    For example I have a movie which is original quality is 10Mb, lower this to 8Mb 1080p solve the issue for me.

I have the feeling the issue is because I'm using Plex over wifi and the player can't handle the stream with the highest bitrate because he need more bandwidth, I wonder if that happen to people here which connected via 1Gb wired connection to their router?

My config:
    Samsung KS9500, plex app and server are most updated.
    Wifi speed on the tv are 33Mbps.

Few smart tvs have Gigabit ethernet. For example for my KS9002 2016 model, best transfer is on 5GHz band, not 100Mb ethernet or 2.4 GHz.
    For 5GHz I got 84 Mbps.
    2.4 Ghz 21 Mbps.
    FE Interface 100Mb I've got 41 Mbps.

So the 5GHz can handle BluRays files for almost 20 GB. Higher than this, the buffering appears.

• karayokarayo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, same problem of subtitle for me on ks9000 :(

Do you plain solving this ?

Thx a lot !

• paarsandpaarsand Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also having this issue... :(