If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex PS4 (1.01) crashed (CE-34878-0) when returnting from Suspend or Rest

mrakaimrakai Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm posting this separately from the other CE-34878-0 thread because my crash pattern is distinct and different.

Plex rarely, if ever, crashes during operation, but if I suspend it (switch to a game) and return, or if I enter rest mode and then turn the PS4 back on, it crashes every single time.

I'm not sure if this is new to the 1.01 update or the PS4 OS 4.50 or 4.55 update.

I report the crash every single time so if Plex has access to Sony's crash reports that may help.

• ShalashaskaaShalashaskaa Posts: 18Members ✭✭

I have the same issue along with the fact that regardless of suspend mode, the app ALWAYS crashes whatsoever after few minutes of playback. It's not even possible to pause a video without the app crashing. Error 34878 ALL THE TIME! What is the point of such an app!? Utterly useless right now.

It blows my mind that there's NO SUPPORT on this issue from the PLEX team whatsoever! How could you be so ignorant of the fact that so many of your PS4 users are suffering from this error EVERY DAY FOR MORE THAN A YEAR NOW? How could you not care for your PS4 users!?