Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote stream stops after 50 sec on google chrome web browser

acebmxeracebmxer Members Posts: 1

I have a plex server setup at my home location and has been working flawlessly for the past few years. Recently at work, I am unable to stream a movie or tv show via the plex web app via google chrome. After about 50 sec or so the stream will just stop with no error or indication of the problem. If I use Internet Explorer or the Plex media player for windows I have no issues.

Now when viewing the stream on the local network via Google Chrome stream works just fine, its only remote streams with Google Chrome.

Answers

• darjonasedarjonase Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

I would like to second this. While it is not necessarily 50 seconds, this started occurring after the last update of Plex Media Player to version 1.3.0 on Windows 10 and Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) of Chrome

• Darryl_HallDarryl_Hall Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Adding another affected user to this list. Although timing is intermittent and unpredictable; when watching a television series episode, the current show will stop part way through and then the next episode will load. I am running the Plex Media Player on Windows 10 using Google Chrome 59.0.3071.86 (64-bit). Thanks to the community!

• razvan.constantinrazvan.constantin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 206 Plex Pass
    edited June 17

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the encoding settings of the media.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/251502/google-chrome-generates-handle-stream-read-error-32-broken-pipe
    Try pressing F12 and go to console while playing the media and see if there are any errors reported.