If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature Request: Enable subtitles for Plex Channel

coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 662Members ✭✭✭

So currently the Plex framework does not allow subtitles using the Plex Channels. I guess most of the support required is already there since for library items it works well on all systems. If the support for subtitles could be extended to Plex Channels I believe it would greatly benefit a lot of users and developers.

Thanks,
CA

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

Answers

• satstartersatstarter Posts: 18Members ✭✭

Yes that would be great and also i request this feature

thanks,
    satstarter

• d3dmand3dman Posts: 8Members ✭✭

I would love to have subtitles on my plex channels. I am hard of hearing and without subtitles content is very difficult to watch. I have to watch with my wireless headphones, and that completely drowns out all the sound around me. I greatly dislike this as I can't talk to the family during a show. I'd love for subtitle support to be enabled in plex across the board. I was very surprised when I found out that it was not. Could this feature please be implemented?

• vdimitrovvdimitrov Posts: 56Members ✭✭

I voice my support for this important feature.

• CaptnhookCaptnhook Posts: 65Members ✭✭

Enabling subs on Plex Channels would be would be a great benefit.
    Just think of how it would enable the hearing impaired to use and enjoy Plex

• olof79olof79 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I would very much like it.

• bacalazinbacalazin Posts: 1Members

Would be great. +1

• topleztoplez Posts: 1Members

yes agree, +1

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Posts: 867Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 4

@satstarter, @d3dman, @vdimitrov, @olof79, @toplez, @bacalazin...... +1 does nothing! you need to click like on the OP's title post or the vote is NOT counted.

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 662Members ✭✭✭

@SiscoPlex I'm pretty sure that's not a requirement for Plex to consider a feature request. I think posting about it here and other relevant threads (but not making multiple threads !) is what will only matter.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

• MedandmeMedandme Posts: 12Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex has been promoting the DVR function heavily, but it is useless to me without closed captioning/subtitles. As others have noted, I have a hearing issue and I can't really watch TV without subtitles, so I don't bother to record any programs. I end up rarely using Plex because there isn't a whole lot I can do with it unless I can get subtitles to work. @Plex - if you are not going to get subtitles to work, stop telling me about DVR and live TV.

• ZagoloZagolo Posts: 1Members

I would really like it +1