We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why don't my music videos show up?

scurtisscurtis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 185 Plex Pass

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is just a limitation of OpenPHT, but my music videos are not showing up in the Music library.

Best Answer

Answers

• eugovectoreugovector Members, Plex Pass Posts: 75 Plex Pass

I believe the "Music" library-type is audio only. However, you can name your libraries whatever you want. Select a "video" library type and rename it "music videos"

• scurtisscurtis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 185 Plex Pass

@eugovector said:
    I believe the "Music" library-type is audio only. However, you can name your libraries whatever you want. Select a "video" library type and rename it "music videos"

You can integrate music videos into your music library in Plex using one of two methods. You can either put the videos with the songs they are for in the album folders and they will show up there in the library or you can create a central music videos folder structure and the videos will show up at the artist level in the library. This works with the official Plex apps. I can see my videos in the web app and the Roku app, for instance. The only place I cannot see them is OpenPHT, which means that either OpenPHT does not support the advanced music library feature set or I have it configured incorrectly.

• d2freakd2freak Members, Plex Pass Posts: 234 Plex Pass

@scurtis said:

@eugovector said:

You can integrate music videos into your music library in Plex using one of two methods. You can either put the videos with the songs they are for in the album folders and they will show up there in the library or you can create a central music videos folder structure and the videos will show up at the artist level in the library. This works with the official Plex apps. I can see my videos in the web app and the Roku app, for instance. The only place I cannot see them is OpenPHT, which means that either OpenPHT does not support the advanced music library feature set or I have it configured incorrectly.

I just wanted to say that it does support it because I do use that feature on openpht. It shows the music videos the same way it shows movie trailers.

So if you have videos on the artist level you go into the artist view and look at the "extras" and they should be there. If you have videos on a track level I'm not sure how that would work on openpht as I have never tried that. But artist level works.

@d2freak said:
    I just wanted to say that it does support it because I do use that feature on openpht. It shows the music videos the same way it shows movie trailers.

So if you have videos on the artist level you go into the artist view and look at the "extras" and they should be there. If you have videos on a track level I'm not sure how that would work on openpht as I have never tried that. But artist level works.

I'm a bit confused as this is a music library and there is no "extras" button that I can find. I'm using Aeon Nox, if that matters.

Nox doesn't, but I came up with a way to finally get a decent centralized music video library AND use the premium music feature (which works in all the other clients and interfaces). I will likely post about it when I'm done, as I know a lot of people have struggled with this.