Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When is folder view going to be added?

DarkrobDarkrob Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass
edited April 23 in Xbox One

This is just lazy - you have several other views....use them as a template and get the product patched....this is silly that the app behaves differently cross platform or is hamstringed...unless of course someone is paying you to hamstring it .....hmmmmmmm

Answers

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,839Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Darkrob said:
    This is just lazy - you have several other views....use them as a template and get the product patched....this is silly that the app behaves differently cross platform or is hamstringed...unless of course someone is paying you to hamstring it .....hmmmmmmm

Plex doesn't release timelines for future features. So beyond the developers telling us they are adding folder view to match feature parity there hasn't been a release date slated.

• mal68mal68 Posts: 117Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jmckee said:

@Darkrob said:

Plex doesn't release timelines for future features. So beyond the developers telling us they are adding folder view to match feature parity there hasn't been a release date slated.

Do you still actually believe feature parity is even a goal for the xbox one? been a long time since it was mentioned and we are actually heading in the wrong direction as other apps get more features

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate the work you do in this forum. However I do wonder at what point you will turn around and question the commitment of the devs to the xbox? 6 months from now? 5 years?

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,839Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@mal68 said:
    I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate the work you do in this forum. However I do wonder at what point you will turn around and question the commitment of the devs to the xbox? 6 months from now? 5 years?

The developers do have multiple things going. Bug fixes, additional features, and troubleshooting. And a number of them don't always happen to be a problem with the app so a majority of the recent fixes have all came out server side making it look like nothing is happening with the app. I can guarantee that Moussa has been working on troubleshooting bugs along with getting his next big update out.

With that said, Moussa has mentioned a big update coming and all I can do is echo what he has said about it. Due to the rules I can't comment on it more than what they (Plex) have released about it, but I can guarantee that the update he spoke of is a big update. Not everything will be obvious because a lot of work has/had to go in behind the scenes of the app, but there are a number of features that people will notice right off the bat that will make a number of users very happy.

I totally get that more information would be awesome, and faster progress would definitely be even better. But when some things come up, the developers can't always comment on them. (IE when the MKV issue first appeared all we could say was that they were aware of it but had referred it to Microsoft to look into.) and sadly as a ninja I am limited even more on what I can talk about of what I have seen/helped with.

So short answer: While I can't comment on what they are doing, I can tell you that I can see them doing it. And while it sucks that I can't say more, I can agree with Moussa that when this update is released a good number of people will be happier for it.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 265Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I definitely agree with @mal68, we really appreciate your help in the forum @jmckee . Without you we'd be totally lost. Appreciate your follow up comments about the next big update too. Only other thing I could ask is to push Plex to change the rules. For a company that should be very user centric, they use a very odd communication model. I get that there's a reason for not sharing a timeline of upcoming features, but keeping users in the dark all the time about updates and not giving any sense of what features are being worked doesn't seem to be the right approach. There's a balance obviously, they don't want to say a feature is coming and then end up not being able to deliver. But Plex certainly hasn't gotten the balance right yet. They can definitely share more than they currently do.

Bottom line though, thank you for all your help. :)

• mal68mal68 Posts: 117Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jmckee said:

@mal68 said:

The developers do have multiple things going. Bug fixes, additional features, and troubleshooting. And a number of them don't always happen to be a problem with the app so a majority of the recent fixes have all came out server side making it look like nothing is happening with the app. I can guarantee that Moussa has been working on troubleshooting bugs along with getting his next big update out.

With that said, Moussa has mentioned a big update coming and all I can do is echo what he has said about it. Due to the rules I can't comment on it more than what they (Plex) have released about it, but I can guarantee that the update he spoke of is a big update. Not everything will be obvious because a lot of work has/had to go in behind the scenes of the app, but there are a number of features that people will notice right off the bat that will make a number of users very happy.

I totally get that more information would be awesome, and faster progress would definitely be even better. But when some things come up, the developers can't always comment on them. (IE when the MKV issue first appeared all we could say was that they were aware of it but had referred it to Microsoft to look into.) and sadly as a ninja I am limited even more on what I can talk about of what I have seen/helped with.

So short answer: While I can't comment on what they are doing, I can tell you that I can see them doing it. And while it sucks that I can't say more, I can agree with Moussa that when this update is released a good number of people will be happier for it.

Appreciate response. But I still wouldn't say that I like or agree with the Devs treatment of this app. I do however understand the difficult position you are in