Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Different RasPlex versions

adhawkinsadhawkins Posts: 87 Plex Pass

Hi all,

Just playing with RasPlex for the first time, and was wondering what the 'status' of the different branches is?

I initially installed the latest from the 1.6 branch, then used the updater menus to change this to the 1.7 branch. However, there doesn't seem to be a was to move to the 1.8 branch using the on-screen menus.

I want a version of RasPlex that is stable enough to be used by my entire family. How stable is the 1.8 branch? I tend to keep up to date with the latest Plex server releases, and see that there have been some playback changes recently that have required changes in the 1.8 version of RasPlex. Should I be using this?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Andy

Best Answer

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 203 Plex Pass

1.8.0 its under experimental branch right now and I guess that answered all your questions

• adhawkinsadhawkins Posts: 87 Plex Pass

Ah ok, thanks. I suppose I should stick with 1.6 or possibly 1.7 for now.

Are there any expected timescales for these versions to be considered 'stable'?

Thanks again

Andy

• adhawkinsadhawkins Posts: 87 Plex Pass

Hi,

Thanks, that's what I expected. I could probably live with the occasional glitch, but need it to be basically working to put it in front of the rest of the family.

I might have a play with 1.8 to see how I get on with it. Probably makes sense to be on the most recent one as long as it's usable.

Thanks again

Andy