Stuttering of both video playback AND user interface
I've been trying out OpenPHT for the first time (been using PHT until now) and I think it's a huge improvement over both PHT and PMP. I would love to keep using it but I'm having an issue with stuttering, and could really use some help. I'm using OpenPHT 1.8.0 on a 2012 MacBook Pro (El Capitan) and I output to a Panasonic Plasma using HDMI.
It isn't just an issue with video playback. The OpenPHT user interface is also jerky when scrolling or clicking through menus etc, and in both cases the stuttering seems to come in waves; about 3 seconds smooth, 3 seconds of stuttering, repeat...
I did some testing...
- Stuttering only occurs in full-screen mode AND only when the HDMI is connected to the TV. For example I can be watching a show on my laptop monitor in full-screen without issues, and as soon as I plug in the HDMI cable the video starts to stutter.
- If running Open PHT in a window, there are no stuttering issues, whether on the laptop monitor or the TV.
- Without HDMI connected to the TV there are no stuttering issues, even in full-screen.
- I've tried most of the preferences (although I'm not sure what most of them do!) in "Advanced Video" such as "adjust display refresh rate", "hardware acceleration" etc without luck.
- No issues with PHT 1.4.1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.