Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sorting preferences not staying

sirwankelsirwankel Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone else having issues with there sorting preferences not staying? Until recently they would stay unless I changed them, now I have to reapply how I want shows or movies sorted.

Answers

• hybaehybae Posts: 2Members

I've been having that issue lately as well. It's a minor inconvenience and I'm not sure how to resolve it.

• sirwankelsirwankel Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still with all the recent updates it's still not fixed :'(

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,684Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce this? I'm not able to .

• TheCloudlessSkyTheCloudlessSky Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    Can you provide exact steps to reproduce this? I'm not able to .

1. Open up Plex for Android (I'm on version 5.10.3.441 (287f5a73)).
    2. On the left menu, tap on a library (e.g. I can reproduce this with my TV and movie libraries).
    3. Change the filter to have "Unwatched" checked (I can reproduce with other filters like sorted by "Date Added" too).
    4. Close the app (make sure the app is completely closed; no Plex android app should be running).
    5. Open up Plex for Android again.
    6. On the left menu, tap on the same library again.
    7. The videos should be filtered by "Unwatched" (without having to select the filter). However, with an app update a few months ago, the filters are completely reset.

This is incredibly frustrating because the filters used to be saved between app restarts before version 5.8.

This post also describes the same issue.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,684Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@TheCloudlessSky - Thanks for those steps. I was able to reproduce.

I verified with the devs that they had already recently identified this issue and have it on their to-do list.

• TheCloudlessSkyTheCloudlessSky Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@MovieFan.Plex - that's really great to hear. Thanks for reproducing this.

• hawkesburyhawkesbury Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank goodness, I have tried everything short of factory resetting my phone and couldn't make my sort settings stay.