Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One quality is a disaster

ZarethZareth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Ich würde gerne die Xbox One App von Plex nutzen aber das ist unmöglich da die Qualität des Bildes eine Katastrophe ist.
Ich kann die Qualität zwar einstellen aber egal welche Einstellung ich verwende, das Bild die fürchterlich aus.

Was mache ich falsch?

I would like to use the Xbox One App by Plex but this is impossible since the quality of the picture is a disaster.
I can adjust the quality but no matter what setting I use, the image the terrible.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank You!

Answers

• adamskoogadamskoog Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,289 Plex Ninja

I guess that would really depend on what you are meaning by horrible quality? Is the video being transcoded? To dark? We need more information on what is going on than "it looks horrible".

Pretty much my entire library direct plays on my xbox and looks great, so it's certainly possible.

• ZarethZareth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

The resolution ... it seems as if the image has less than 480p. The original file has 1080p. No matter what resolution I choose it always looks the same bad.
    Furthermore, the picture is much darker than on the Plex app of my TV.

Sorry, I have expressed myself so unclear.

• adamskoogadamskoog Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,289 Plex Ninja

Server logs will be needed to see if any transcoding is happening:

• NCaffoNCaffo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

@Zareth said:
    The resolution ... it seems as if the image has less than 480p. The original file has 1080p. No matter what resolution I choose it always looks the same bad.
    Furthermore, the picture is much darker than on the Plex app of my TV.

Sorry, I have expressed myself so unclear.

If the image is much darker, it may be down to a bug. Have a mess around with the server selector on the main screen, as it applies a dark filter, but sometimes doesn't remove it. Go into it and select the server again, and if that doesn't work, go in and highlight it, and then cancel out.

I can't remember the steps that I did to fix it, I just kinda messed around with it.

• ZarethZareth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Hi,
    okay... i will start a stream today und then i will copy the Log File.

• DaveZombieDaveZombie Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I'm getting quality issues too. On my Samsung TV they play crisp and I quality and yet when I switch to Xbox one S it degrades it noticably. I noticed my TV has the option to stream at a higher rate as well.