Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stuttering in fullscreen mode only

I have a problem which only occurs in fullscreen mode. I can stream any video /format to any device normally but the windows 10 app has recently (?most recent large update) started stuttering fullscreen viewing.

I can watch my media in windowed screens noramlly, but obviously this leaves the buttons visible.

I have read elsewhere on the forums that this may be an openGL issue? How can I access these settings?

Many thanks for any help provided.

Comments

• KronvictKronvict Posts: 1

In have the same issue.

• poweldpoweld Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Same issue here. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and Plex, both fully updated. Since then, videos in fullscreen will stutter and after several seconds cause the entire machine to become unresponsive. Windowed mode causes no such issues.

Interestingly, cropping/zooming the video using the button to the left of the fullscreen button stops the stuttering and prevent freezing.

• BetaLeafBetaLeaf Posts: 29 Plex Pass

Same, although in my case, this is not exclusive to Plex. This also occurs in the Netflix and Hulu Window Store Apps. Video playback is smooth as long as the window is not close to being maximized. The closer the window is to being fully maximized, the harder the stutter. The stutter is like going down from 60 fps to 5-10 fps.

• dmackdandmackdan Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same problem here