If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What is the maximum bitrate I should be able to use when using Plex -> Wifi -> Chromecast?

filipczafilipcza Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Should I be able to cast mp4(h264, bitrate around 10000) movies with original quality to chromecast without stuttering?

Setup: Powerful enough computer -> network cable connection to wifi router -> strong wifi signal to chromecast

Everything works if I choose any lower streaming setting from plex like 8mbit/1080, but when I switch to "original" quality, it seems that even 6GBit movie will stutter.

What do you think, Is this normal?
I get good quality with 8Mbit setting, but I would like to use original quality if it's possible with this kind of setup.

-Pete

Best Answer

• filipczafilipcza Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Ok, I may have found a solution. I think stuttering happens because of 5.1 sound. Stereo doesn't seem to cause this problem.

Answers