Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DVR operation in client app?

RogersNeighborhoodRogersNeighborhood Members, Plex Pass Posts: 50 Plex Pass

Having to use the web via smartphone to record a program is pretty clunky. Is there a way to do this in the smart TV client app?

If not, is it planned?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,224 Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

Sorry, it's not currently available and not planned either.

• RogersNeighborhoodRogersNeighborhood Members, Plex Pass Posts: 50 Plex Pass
    edited June 1 Accepted Answer

@Orca said:

:D Not planned? Really? It's all over the web today, embedded in the announcement that PMS now supports LIVE viewing. In fact, it's even in the official Plex blog (https://www.plex.tv/blog/well-do-it-live/):

In-app DVR Management: You can now browse the program guide, manage recordings, and more directly from the Android TV and iOS apps (with more to follow).

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,224 Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

I can't begin to fathom the reasoning for that, but I appreciate the reply anyway. :smile:

If I can figure out how, I'll submit a feature request for this.

Jack

edited June 1 Accepted Answer

@Orca said:

:D Not planned? Really? It's all over the web today, embedded in the announcement that PMS now supports LIVE viewing. In fact, it's even in the official Plex blog (https://www.plex.tv/blog/well-do-it-live/):

In-app DVR Management: You can now browse the program guide, manage recordings, and more directly from the Android TV and iOS apps (with more to follow).

That may be, but for your information : I'm not Plex, but a third-party developer that is working on this app as a hobby.

@Orca said:
    That may be, but for your information : I'm not Plex, but a third-party developer that is working on this app as a hobby.

And you do a ton of support here, and I appreciate it.

I just thought it was funny that the feature I wanted got implemented before I could even submit a feature request. And that I got word of it from my Google News page, then from arstechnica.com, before reading it here. Evidently, they were keeping details "close to the vest" until today's announcement--leaving us all in the dark.

I went ahead and upgraded my Plex Pass to the lifetime subscription. Wish I'd done it when they had the $99 special.

Jack