Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Forum posts listed as new even after being read

kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 4,472 Plex Pass

This morning I noticed that after I read a thread the forum still reports it as being new. Anyone else seeing this?

It seems to only happen when viewing posts after clicking the Participated link.

Best Answers

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino CaliforniaPosts: 794 Plex Employee
    edited May 9 Accepted Answer

@kegobeer-plex said:
    I understand that you don't personally manage the forum or forum software, however if an issue is raised by a user and a thread is made about it, an official comment is pretty much standard. I know that the Plex employees are busy, but responding to posts is kind of their job, so having a thread go without any sort of official response for over a week is not acceptable. It's even more odd that an employee discovered the same issue and an official post wasn't made to let users know about it. I hope this kind of forum faux pas can be avoided in the future.

Thanks for the updates, they are very much appreciated.

For sure, this thread should have been updated earlier on since we filed the GHI internally on the same day. A quick acknowledgment seems obvious to me. I'll make sure we cover that in our next meeting.

Answers

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28

I can't, but let me test this:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1335697/#Comment_1335697

That's working. Earlier this week links placed before 10AM stopped being links until 10:01AM, but that seems to have healed itself.

Vanilla Forums - an adventure.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 4,472 Plex Pass

Click the participated link and see if it happens.

Ugh, and the popup about accepting answers isn't going away for me either. Do all forums using Vanilla suffer from these annoying issues?

Yea, it's working fine now. The link was orange on the review, but when you reloaded the page it went black and led nowhere. Working fine now.

This post also shows as read - for me at least.

Glad it's working for you, but using this link shows every thread as new for me. Three different networks (home, work, AT&T wireless) and multiple computers on each and the same result for every one.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussions/participated

edited April 28

Oh yea... confirmed.

All those show as new. You are correct. My bad.

Chrome.

Maybe another Vanilla bug - I marked your post as not answering the question, and when you went back and edited it I got the accept answer popup again, which of course I can't do anything with since I already marked your post. I had to make this post and mark it in order to get the popup to go away. Sheesh.

Is there a particular ninja/dev/employee that's in charge of the forum? It would be nice to know who to contact when the forum acts up.

@BigWheel, can you let the powers-that-be know about this?

@MovieFan.Plex @cayars @pombeirp @OttoKerner ... just wondering if this has been noticed by any of the employees/ninjas and been reported?

Thanks for replying and letting us know that Plex is aware of the problem.

@cayars said:
    Calling out the list? :)
    I don't have a lot of info on this other than to say I know Plex employees are aware of the problem.

It affects employees and Ninja's too. LOL

Carlo

I spoke @kegobeer-plex 's name in vain a moment ago. It appears the You Tube embedder thingy is also out to lunch:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1429134/#Comment_1429134

• jjrjr1jjrjr1 Posts: 1,664 Plex Pass

Same problem here in the Participated section
    All threads have the orange NEW box on every single thread going back to the beginning.
    Viewing the thread does not get rid of the NEW box.

• NewPlazaNewPlaza Posts: 301 Plex Pass

@jjrjr1 said:
    Same problem here in the Participated section
    All threads have the orange NEW box on every single thread going back to the beginning.
    Viewing the thread does not get rid of the NEW box.

Same here... Any word on the resolution?

Odd that it's been a week with no resolution. Vanilla support seems to be lacking a bit.

• NewPlazaNewPlaza Posts: 301 Plex Pass

.. I believe we need to add it to the Feature Requests section.

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

It also looks like emojis are 40x40 pixels now instead of scaled down to 20x20 pixels. Fixed it with a Stylish script but still a minor annoyance

That too seems to be hopping around like a Roo on crack.

:)

Test Smiley.

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 965 ✭✭✭
    edited May 5

@JuiceWSA said:
    Test Smiley.

Smiley seems to be fixed :) I see they added the "emoji" class back to the IMG code

This discussion has been closed.