Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Watch Later still not working ...

rckmnrrckmnr Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Ever since your last update, Watch Later does not work on my Rokus. When I try to play one of the videos (mostly YouTube) it will load to about 13%, go blank for a second, and then return to the 13% loading spinner. It works fine through my PC (server). Is this going to be fixed?

Answers

• cartman678cartman678 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 26 Plex Pass

tell me about it, it's like they do not care about that feature anymore

• theophilusdhtheophilusdh Members Posts: 1

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. This is a major problem for me. I hope this is fixed soon.

• donyzzdonyzz Members Posts: 137 ✭✭

Yep its been a problem for about a month now. Sleeping at the wheel.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,571 Plex Ninja

@rckmnr said:
    Ever since your last update, Watch Later does not work on my Rokus. When I try to play one of the videos (mostly YouTube) it will load to about 13%, go blank for a second, and then return to the 13% loading spinner. It works fine through my PC (server). Is this going to be fixed?

If it works on your PC but not on Roku, please report it in the Roku forum section, there's not much we can do about this from the Watch Later service side.

• rckmnrrckmnr Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

This answer is absurd. The Rokus worked fine until your last update. The problem resides in PMS. I see plenty of people who have this exact same problem.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4,410 Plex Pass

@rckmnr said:
    This answer is absurd. The Rokus worked fine until your last update. The problem resides in PMS. I see plenty of people who have this exact same problem.

Perhaps changes were made in Plex Server, and the Roku client needs to be updated. It might not be a flaw in the server causing the issue.

• harrogukharroguk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 132 Plex Pass

@kegobeer-plex said:
    Perhaps changes were made in Plex Server, and the Roku client needs to be updated. It might not be a flaw in the server causing the issue.

This is true but until someone says what they changed (I didnt see anything in the patch notes) then its a server side regression.

• donyzzdonyzz Members Posts: 137 ✭✭

Plex responded to me on facebook saying they are aware of the issue and looking at it. But its been over a month of this playback issue.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,414 Forum Mod
    edited May 17

The Roku must transcode some YouTube videos due to changes the YouTube website made a while back. This is a Roku software issue that has been reported to them.

I was having issues with PMS v1.5 for Windows properly transcoding YouTube videos, but I can say that the transcoding issues are resolved for me with PMS v1.5.6 for Windows. I have not tried the later Plex Pass versions.

EDIT:

The transcoding issue that was occurring with YouTube Watch Later videos on PMS for Windows is fixed in PMS v1.5.6 for Windows and later. I know this because these videos now work on the Plex app for Roku which must transcode some YouTube videos. I can also confirm this is the case with PMS v1.6.1.

But the Plex Web app (tried v3.2.1, v3.4.1 and 3.6) is still unable to play YouTube videos. Plex Web does not fail it just sits there loading forever.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,414 Forum Mod

Since this appears to be a Plex Web app issue (at least for me), I have started a thread in the Plex Web app section of the forum at https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/272005/unable-to-play-watch-later-youtube-videos-on-plex-web

• LiLSaInT0925LiLSaInT0925 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass
    edited May 23

I am getting the same issue with Watch later not working in Chrome. I have tried IE and that works but not Chrome. So far I have tested the following:

• Chrome (Doesn't work)
    • Internet Explorer (Works)
    • Plex Windows App (Works)
    • Android (Works)
    • iOS (Works)

Not sure where the issue is with Chrome but it is for sure the browser that won't play the videos in the Watch Later playlist.

Question

Does anyone know if there is a way to send an email to Plex and have their development team take a look at the issue? I know it is a small thing but it would be nice to have this working.