Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote access stopped working

rmenendezrmenendez Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Remote access stopped woking a few days ago without making server or router modifications. Has been working fine for 6 months and suddenly stopped when no changes made to servers or router. What can I do? Main server is set to auto update and don't know if a new version has been loaded which created the problem.

Answers

• DaszerDaszer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Hi I'm the same. Every so often it just randomly stops working without any changes to settings and will randomly start working again. Can anyone tell me why it does this?

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,274 Plex Pass

There are a ton of threads about these problems. The engineers are working to figure out what magical combination of things make some people's remote access not work. As of yet there aren't any concrete fixes. If you look around you should find the threads - I believe there's one or two with a ninja/Plex employee commenting on it.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• wmagnum1wmagnum1 Members Posts: 31 ✭✭

Same here. Stuck with an "indirect" connection outside of my network and friends with access are telling the same thing or having their Apple TVs lock up when searching for the server. If Plex made their previous builds available for download, we could roll it back to where Remote Access was working.

• te2603te2603 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same here, not able to access my server remotely

• heyitzmejayheyitzmejay Members Posts: 1

Please does anyone have any answers?? I've tried everything I can find. Had Plex for almost 2 years with no problems. Didn't change any router settings but all of a sudden it says my server is not available outside my network.

• sethball24sethball24 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have the exact same problem, and port forwarding is to complicated, what the hell is going on had anybody had any help on this issue?

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,274 Plex Pass

Yes, Plex is very well aware of the issues with remote access. There are quite a few threads about it. If you have some spare time you can search around and peruse them.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• slylalondeslylalonde Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same problem here, just started yesturday.

• MT SpaceMT Space Members Posts: 1

Pay when it works and stop paying when it doesn't.

Happens a lot. 'Help' is no help, and sometimes outdated. Sometimes disabling and re-enabling works, and sometimes quitting and restarting works. A couple of times re-installing Plex has worked.

What would be great is a tool to see if you can 'see' yourself from the Plex end and 'see' what the errors are, like firewall, UDP, ports, etc.

• bgq007bgq007 Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

Interesting to read people commenting that Plex is aware of the issue and working on it. I will hope that is the case, but I know when I contacted them on Twitter they claimed they knew of no issues with Remote Access. They suggested to me that if there was an issue to start a thread. I explained to them that there are many threads on the problem and they never responded again.