Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Chromecast Ultra missing off last line of SRT subtitles

RICH|FLIXRICH|FLIX Members, Plex Pass Posts: 126 Plex Pass

Hi all,

Can anyone reproduce this?

Every Movie or TV episode I stream (direct or transcode) to my Chromecast Ultra with SRT subtitles, doesn't display the very last line in the SRT file.

If i play it through PMP though, it displays perfectly.

Trying to figure out if this is a bug or not?

Thanks,

Rich

PLEX Server on unRAID | PLEX Server on WD PR4100

Mac mini | Nvidia Shield | iOS | tvOS | Xbox One | RaspberryPi Embedded | Roku | Chromecast | Windows 10

Answers

• RICH|FLIXRICH|FLIX Members, Plex Pass Posts: 126 Plex Pass

Anyone with either a Chromecast or Ultra able to test this out for me please?

Thank you

Mac mini | Nvidia Shield | iOS | tvOS | Xbox One | RaspberryPi Embedded | Roku | Chromecast | Windows 10

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,371 Plex Employee

I don't have an Ultra, just the original CC. Do you mean the last line of a multiple line text, or the very last line of the movie? I have not seen either issue, but would like to better understand what you are seeing.

Hey, thanks for replying.
    Yeah I mean the very last subtitle of the movie, regardless of it being single or multi line. Bit strange!

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,371 Plex Employee

Can you provide me the srt file for a movie that this happens on? It may be the file itself.

Sure. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
    The SRT file was created with 'Subtitle Edit' (nikse.dk/subtitleedit/) which converted from the BD's original PGS sub.

The last subtitle (in the attached file's case, number 83) not appearing problem, seems to happen with any SRT i try.

Any luck with the file?

• maestrozezinhomaestrozezinho Members Posts: 2

I am having the same problem with a Chromecast 2.

FreeNAS 9.10 | Chromecast 2

• maestrozezinhomaestrozezinho Members Posts: 2

Details:
    Operating System: FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE (FreeNAS 9.10-U2)
    Plex Media Server: 1.5.6.3790
    Chromecast Firmware: 1.24.88007

Log and subtitle are attached.

FreeNAS 9.10 | Chromecast 2