Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Store track progress in Audiobooks

foxprorawksfoxprorawks Members, Plex Pass Posts: 63 Plex Pass

Hi,

I have a library containing audiobooks, and have the Store track progress box ticked.

However, this doesn't seem to work in the Windows Store App for Windows Phone.

I've tried this with streaming, and with the tracks synced to the device, but in each case the track I select always starts at the beginning, even if I have previously listened to half the track.

Is this feature not implemented yet?

Matt.

Answers

• foxprorawksfoxprorawks Members, Plex Pass Posts: 63 Plex Pass

Any chance of a reply?

Twelve weeks on from the original question, and still no response from Plex support. Has Plex for Windows 10 Mobile been abandoned? Has development ceased altogether? You should, at the very least, tell your paying customers what is happening.

• SpinelessSpineless Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

@foxprorawks said:
    Hi,

I have a library containing audiobooks, and have the Store track progress box ticked.

However, this doesn't seem to work in the Windows Store App for Windows Phone.

I've tried this with streaming, and with the tracks synced to the device, but in each case the track I select always starts at the beginning, even if I have previously listened to half the track.

Is this feature not implemented yet?

Matt.

I have this issue as well, but not just for the Windows client. I have this issue on iOS as well. It is so irritating. With this feature, I was hoping that Plex would be a good audiobook player, but it's not. Because it doesn't work, I have to manually keep track of what disk and track # you are on.

@Spineless said:

I have this issue as well, but not just for the Windows client. I have this issue on iOS as well. It is so irritating. With this feature, I was hoping that Plex would be a good audiobook player, but it's not. Because it doesn't work, I have to manually keep track of what disk and track # you are on.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, without this feature working as it should, Plex really fails as an audiobook player.

The bigger issue is that development for the Windows Phone 10 client has either stopped or stalled. I'm assuming that the Windows developer has left Plex, and no-one else knows anything about the Windows client software because support and bug fixes are non-existent.

• SpinelessSpineless Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

@foxprorawks said:

@Spineless said:

Thanks for your response. Yeah, without this feature working as it should, Plex really fails as an audiobook player.

The bigger issue is that development for the Windows Phone 10 client has either stopped or stalled. I'm assuming that the Windows developer has left Plex, and no-one else knows anything about the Windows client software because support and bug fixes are non-existent.

I actually think the biggest issue is that the Plex team is trying to do more than they are capable of managing. This seems like the classic spread too thin issue. I think all of their clients are suffering. I see constant issues with both Windows 10 and iOS clients. Music indexing on the Plex server is a total train wreak, so knowing intimately how that works from a different service, they will be bogged down forever in that nightmare chasing bugs that are impossible to fix. But hey, at least we have DVR support now.... lol... I just want the basics, the "fundamentals", to work right. Without that, it's all just lipstick on a pig.

The UWP app is for mobile, tablet (such as surface), and desktop, so if no-one is working on development of it (or support), then that is a huge problem.

Disappointing to hear that the iOS client also has problems. I use it on Kindle Fire TV, and don't have any problems with that.

Yeah, DVR support. Something I will never use.