Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

W10M - "Unable to play media - No elements", followed by crash

anthonwsanthonws Members, Plex Pass Posts: 82 Plex Pass

Since version 1.6 of Media Server that the UWP client is not working properly.

When starting to play an item, after 1 or 2 seconds there's a message saying "Unable to play media - No elements". If I press "OK" it stays there frozen for a couple of seconds and then the app crashes.

Logs in attach.

Lumia 950 DS using build 15063.251
Plex App version 3.2.19.

Including other members that have reported the same issue.
@jfreiman and @joshuacant

Let us know what else is required to triage this issue @pombeirp

Cheers,
anthonws.

. Win10 + HW Transcoding | Define R5 Black + i5 4690K + 32GB RAM + 256GB SSD (OS) + 525GB SSD (VMs) + 4TB Storage Space + Nvidia GTX 760 DCU II OC
. Shield TV (2015) + SPMC + Plex Add-on & RPi 1B+ with LibreElec

Comments

• elitemikeelitemike Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

This is an issue with me as well. I just upgraded my server 10 minutes ago from posting.

• Rako1985Rako1985 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited May 21

Having the same problem, it seems to affect video material only, music plays.

UPDATE
    Seems to be working with Phone APP update :)

• SampiqSampiq Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same issue here, with 950 xl

• Lukasss93Lukasss93 Members Posts: 1

Same issue here, please fix this problem.

• logen111logen111 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Yep, same phone (lumia 950), same error.
    Any solutions??

• anthonwsanthonws Members, Plex Pass Posts: 82 Plex Pass
    edited May 5

@logen111 said:
    Yep, same phone (lumia 950), same error.
    Any solutions??

I would say downgrade to Plex Media Server to 1.5.x :/

. Win10 + HW Transcoding | Define R5 Black + i5 4690K + 32GB RAM + 256GB SSD (OS) + 525GB SSD (VMs) + 4TB Storage Space + Nvidia GTX 760 DCU II OC

Parting from the principle that Plex's business model doesn't allow us to have any type of support request/ticket, can anyone explain us, customers, how can we rely on forum for issue tracking, feedback from the Plex team, etc.?

This should not be, in anyway, one man show... So I fully understand if pombeirp is on his deserved vacations, but someone else should oversee this forum.

There are multiple issues that, right now, are compromising both Mobile and Desktop UWA basic functionalities and in all honesty I (and I'm sure others relate with this feeling) am not seeing any type of feedback. Even if it's a simple "we're on it".

It's super frustrating.....

• calmcacilcalmcacil Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

Those of you having these issues, are you playing media with subtitles? Because on W10 i have crashes right away when dealing with subtitles since the Creators Update.

@calmcacil said:
    Those of you having these issues, are you playing media with subtitles? Because on W10 i have crashes right away when dealing with subtitles since the Creators Update.

It doesn't crash immediately in my case, it returns the no elements error. At least in Mobile. I have to be honest that I haven't tried in the PC.

• calmcacilcalmcacil Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

@anthonws said:

@calmcacil said:

It doesn't crash immediately in my case, it returns the no elements error. At least in Mobile. I have to be honest that I haven't tried in the PC.

are you on the mobile Creators update? I'm just trying to find any correlation that might make pinpointing the issue easier.

@calmcacil said:

@anthonws said:

@calmcacil said:

are you on the mobile Creators update? I'm just trying to find any correlation that might make pinpointing the issue easier.

It's not creators update. Had it working before with latest builds of Windows. The issue started showing when I upgraded my Plex Server to 1.6 branch.

• SpasmSpasm Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Same issue on my Icon with CU... Which was working recently.

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,884 Plex Employee

Thanks for the logs @anthonws. I think I found the issue. I'll submit a release ASAP to fix it.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

@pombeirp said:
    Thanks for the logs @anthonws. I think I found the issue. I'll submit a release ASAP to fix it.

Thank you, Sir!

*updating the app on Mobile as we speak. Will report back if needed.

• henryr01henryr01 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    edited May 23

I just updated my Media Server to 3.6.0 last night. Now my Windows Phone (Lumia 950 Win10) will not play certain movies. Doesn't mater if CC is on or off. I get the "NoElements" error and it goes back to the movie description.

UPDATE: Once it get's the "NoElements" error, it won't play ANY movies. If I reboot the phone, it will play movies that have played prior to the update.