If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Am I missing something or what?

So, I setup a couple windows 10 computers now and I have a windows 10 phone and I was HOPING that the cortana bit would work nicely with plex but the UWP app is literally useless.

On the new computer I setup it doesn't even play music consistently for starters. (It will sometimes play when you hit play, other times it just does nothing or locks up totally until you close it and open it again.)

The cortana commands do nothing at all but say "I'm sorry, I can't play music on Plex" or "Sorry you need to add groove as a connected service....blah blah blah blah" because neither PMP nor UWP let you set them as a default player.

ALSO, you can't set auto sign in on UWP to a secondary user.
ALSO, the movies crash and skip on UWP.
ALSO, it doesn't show your secondary users as 'subscription users' in UWP so they probably can't do like 'plex mix' but it doesn't work well enough for me to try any of that (but that's probably the root of the reason why people are saying it is not activating correctly).

That's all. =)

Answers

• timekillstimekills Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue - only response from Cortana is "I'm sorry, I can't play music on Plex" .
    Well - maybe you can't, but I can, and I was asking you to "play TV Show Better Call Saul on Plex."

Me: Hey, Cortana play TV Show Better Call Saul on Plex
    Cortana: "I'm sorry, I can't play music on Plex"
    Me: You worthless piece of...

• thelanrangerthelanranger Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Basically.
    Now this is for a new thread, but the biggest issue with the UWP app at the moment is that all the sub users do not have plex pass so I can't use plex mix unless I use the master account. This only happens in this ONE app though.

• atlraideratlraider Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any update on this? I have Plex Pass, but Cortana only says "Sorry, I can't play music on Plex" no matter what I try.

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 556Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No

App has not been updated for several months.

It´s probably dead.