If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sudden and total "Server Not Available"

brettjcoxbrettjcox Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi. I've been using the app for XBOne for quite a while and haven't had any issues I couldn't solve before, but this one really has me.
XBox v 1.8.0, Server Version 1.5.5.3634 (Win 10)

I was watching some movies on my console one evening, then the next night I get the "Server Not Available" issue. This is continuous and the app has been hard broken for over a week. I've done normal troubleshooting:

Quit Plex and restart.
Restart XBox
Restart Computer
Update Plex Server
Uninstall and Reinstall Plex on Xbox

I can ping my Xbox from my computer and the 'Devices' page on my computer's browser tells me that my Xbox tried to connect "a few seconds ago" so I know the connection works. Can anyone help me work through this?

Answers

• BouncybhallBouncybhall Posts: 1Members

I have had exactly the same issue, have been trying to fix all weekend. I had an update for Plex on my laptop recently so wondered if that was the culprit?

Also looking for advice.

• sleort19@hotmail.comsleort19@hotmail.com Posts: 8Members

I have same issues with exactly the same setup as brettjcox
    Once or twice it's been temp. fixed by updating the library database, but that might just be a coincidense.

Please help us.

BR

XBox One,
    Server Version 1.5.5.3634 (Win 10)

• gariland123gariland123 Posts: 143Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

make sure you have in the app security tab allow insecure connections set to always also , in the media server settings itself make sure secure connections is set to prefered i bet thatll do the trick

• Fressa0815Fressa0815 Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@gariland123 said:
    make sure you have in the app security tab allow insecure connections set to always also , in the media server settings itself make sure secure connections is set to prefered i bet thatll do the trick

Would be nice when the Plex App would be able to save this setting

• dseldomdseldom Posts: 1Members

I'm not sure this is answered. The recent update seems to have caused this same problem on my xbox one, and the normal security setting fixes have no effect.

From what I'm reading here and there, this seems to be a bug in the current server release.

This has been running perfectly about a month ago (before update)

Does the devs read here`?

• parsonsj11parsonsj11 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ya all my roku and roku tv will play almost everything. Xbone won't play anything since the last 2 server updates. Server and roku apps updated recently. Xbone is like 8 mos old...

• kayllistikayllisti Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having an issue where my xbone app plays some but not all of my files. THis issue is also happening on my samsung tv app.

• brettjcoxbrettjcox Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@gariland123 said:

I just checked the settings and restarted the app. The server is set to preferred and the app is set to always. Still no change.

• aconnor731@gmail.comaconnor731@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 14

Yep I am having the same exact problem. I was viewing media on my xbox one one night with no problem, the following night it could not find the server. I am thinking this is a bug. Devs please comply!

• brettjcoxbrettjcox Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well this has been going on for a month now with no resolution. Is there any way to contact the devs for support? I'm pretty salty that I paid for a plex pass and their technical support seems to consist of "visit our community forums".

Maybe we are going about this the wrong way. The Xbox app was not updated, hence this must be a serverside issue.
    Could someone with plex pass please make a thread in the server section, and remind Devs of this thread.

Please....

Alright guys - I just got mine working.
    Update your Xbox One to latest version.
    Go here and download lastest version 1.7.0.3840 http://www.filehorse.com/download-plex-media-server/old-versions/
    Install
    Refresh libriary
    Update database
    Restart Xbox One after update

done.