Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex UWP Player crashes on playing content with embedded subtitles.

calmcacilcalmcacil Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the past few months I've been encountering frequent crashing when trying to playback new files, the files in question have always been MKV i think. Encoded with H264 for video, AAC for the audio and ASS for subtitles. This has been extremely consistent and my only way to watch these files have been using the web player. Would be happy to provide logs if those might do anything to help the situation.

Best Answer

Answers

• calmcacilcalmcacil Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been able to nail this issue down further, files that have this issue play fine on the windows store app if you disable subtitles. It really does suck to have this issue for a software that you paid to use, and even more pay monthly for its premium features. I understand this might be the update to Win10 Creators Update's fault, but please any word on this issue would be appreciated.

I've been able to "fix" this by disabling plex pass builds (rolling back to 1.5.5) ... Gotta love supporting a company with your money because you enjoy what they do only to have them not consider/test their updates with another paid part of their platform... Please sort this out Plex, You have such a good app, for it to not work properly because of version issues like this is not really fair to your paying subscribers, You can do better.

Yep that did it. Do you guys not use the UWP app inhouse for testing?