If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can anyone recommend a televisiion for an offline setup?

I'm looking for a brand of tv or media player that will support local network streaming from my own desktop server. No signing in, no internet connectivity to the television whatsoever.

Answers

• tarneckitarnecki Posts: 82Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

assuming you will have wifi on tv? you can connect them both to same network (router) and sorted?! plex app on your tv will see the local network server (but to be fair cable would be better - even if you have to use power adapters - thats what i use for my samsung 3d smart tv and it works great.

system: Intel Xeon X5670 2.93GHz (2 processors), 32 GB RAM, 21TB WD RED, Windows Server 2012 R2
    network: 300/20
    local clients: Samsung Smart 3D TV (UE46F6320), Samsung Smart 4K TV (UE49KU6400), Raspberry Pi 2 (RasPlex), Amazon Fire TV.
    remote clients: iPad Air 2, iPad 2017 9.7, Surface Pro 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, Kindle Fire HD.

• dib_dib_ Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I just got rid of a Samsung tv because the app absolutely does not connect without talking online. I'm hoping to hear from someone who is actually running offline and knows for a fact that it works.

• dib_dib_ Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Anything? I'd really like to buy something soon to view movies.