Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Yatse with Plex support

TolriqTolriq Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

Since more and more users asked for it, I'm glad to announce native Plex server support for Yatse.

The support is still limited (No transcoding), labeled as beta and limited to unlocker owners.

If enough positive feedback a lot more stuff will be implemented, so if you are a Yatse user you may want to try and report back your feature requests.

I do not consider the implementation to be advanced enough to justify a purchase if you are not a Yatse or Kodi user, but feel free to ask about the features you'd like to have in an application like Yatse with Plex support.

App link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree

Comments

• richardap1richardap1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Would love to see better music support. Currently music is very limited on the plex android client. Things like preloading tracks (to account for cell coverage issues) gapless playback, streaming bitrate etc. People have asked Plex for them in the main Plex android client but we hit a wall :(

• TolriqTolriq Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

Gapless + preloading at the same time is not that simple :)

Thanks for the info will see if I can add all in the TODO.

@Tolriq said:
    Gapless + preloading at the same time is not that simple :)

Thanks for the info will see if I can add all in the TODO.

Maybe just the preloading then :)

Was hoping for the opposite as gapless is already high in TODO :open_mouth:

Will see what I can do when I get to that :) Thanks for the input.

• Khan_81Khan_81 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Nice! Do you plan to add support for Plex Cloud as well? :)

@Tolriq said:
    Was hoping for the opposite as gapless is already high in TODO :open_mouth:

Will see what I can do when I get to that :) Thanks for the input.

I think whichever you do, people should come flocking. Plex android app is Ok but for music there is so much missing.

• thebodsterthebodster Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Hi @Tolriq,

Awesome. Will this find it's way to the amazon store eventually? Cant wait :)

edited May 12

No short term plans for Plex Cloud as requires PlexPass and it will depends on interest about Plex or not.

Edit: Well amazon relationship is complicated right now :( I'm not even sure I'll continue to distribute there on long term.

Edit: Well amazon relationship is complicated right now :( I'm not even sure I'll continue to distribute there on long term.

I have play store installed on my fire tab. Could I remove installed version, re-install from playstore and keep unlocker purchased from amazon store? If I cant keep the unlocker it isnt the end of the world I can just re-purchase but thought would ask.

No you can't keep licences :( They are managed by the stores :( But wait maybe they'll answer, after all they came to me so I publish on their store ....

If you can update me if they get back to you that would be great. Like I said, if there is going to be a problem with Amazon store moving forward I will just re-do with Play Store.

New Yatse version 7.5.5 with Plex no more labelled as Beta as all reported issues are fixed :)

Still a lot to implement and still no transcoding support yet but includes:

• Global library synchronisation with offline cache
    • Media download for offline playing / streaming (sync back playback position and watched status on reconnect).
    • Stream media to local device (Require external player for video), to Chromecast, UPnP or Kodi devices. (From local device, Kodi, Plex, ...)
    • Can seamlessly move streaming from devices to devices, start on Kodi, migrate to local device when walking to bedroom then continue on bedroom Chromecast.

And lot's of other things not related to Plex.

New Yatse release 7.6.5 with support for reverse proxy sub path when connecting to Plex as requested. (7.6.0 did add support for library selection for sync)

New version 7.7.2

• Added: Support for external subtitles from Plex/ Local device + Offline downloaded media to players that support them.
    • Fixed: Continuation of internal code rewrites to remove all Kodi hacks from core. Plex transcoding is getting closer, if you have specific needs about those please contact us with details and information.