Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to expand SD card Rasplex 1.8.0

duckmuckduckmuck Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi!

I have the following scenario right now:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs 362.3M 0 362.3M 0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1 511.7M 146.8M 364.9M 29% /flash
/dev/mmcblk0p2 6.7G 6.7G 2.0K 100% /storage
/dev/loop0 135.0M 135.0M 0 100% /
tmpfs 367.8M 0 367.8M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 367.8M 6.4M 361.4M 2% /run
tmpfs 367.8M 0 367.8M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 367.8M 240.0K 367.6M 0% /var
tmpfs 367.8M 0 367.8M 0% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p2 6.7G 6.7G 2.0K 100% /storage/.kodi

I tried editing the cmdline.txt to:

RasPlex:/flash # cat /flash/cmdline.txt
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet growstorage
RasPlex:/flash #

Still I don't get storage....

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards, D

Comments

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 279Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 8

But storage is expanded, its taking 6.7G of space and you have used 100% of it for some reason. You must have some logs or some recursive script taking all your space. If I were you I would just reflash it and start from scratch.

• duckmuckduckmuck Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just removed temporary files and cache thumbnails from my photos. But I still would like to use more than 8GB, doesn't anyone know how to expand?

Regards, D

it should expand automatically on a fresh install

if it doesnt just open it on on linux with gparted and expand it manually

But I still have some doubts. How big is your sd, and why do you want to make it more than 8gb large when rasplex can run from a much smaller sd?

• duckmuckduckmuck Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi! Thanks for reply. Yes it expanded when i did a fresh install like you suggested.
    Well 8GB got filled up mainly due to cached thumbnails of my photo albums. If I have a 16 GB card I would like to let it cache as much as possible to have a smooth experience. Feels like a waste of space otherwise.
    Of course you could argue that 6 GB of cache should be enough, but then again why not use more if it's available.

Regards, D

mmmmmmmmm....

I see, there must be a way to avoid the precaching of photo albums to avoid filling your SD with unwanted content. You could possible disable the miniatures of the images on Plex server and see how it works for you.

I see no point in using such a large SD just for precaching the family album