If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] NFL Network

41john41john Channel DeveloperPosts: 783Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Forum Mod
edited August 23 in Plex Channel Plugins

NFL Network Channel

PLEASE READ THIS POST COMPLETELY BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!

Updates

23/08/2017 Channel Update

CHANGE: Gamepass section rewritten for Gamepass Europe service. Will need other Developers to help create a service for outside Europe.

25/08/2016 Channel Update

NEW: Added 2016 Archived NFL Network shows in Gamepass International.

25/07/2016 Channel Update

Fixed: St Louis Rams replaced by Los Angeles Rams.

15/11/2015 Channel Update

NEW: NFL.com/Videos now shows 100 videos in a list.

Removed: NFL Now has had to be removed. I have kept the old code around in case I can later add it again, but it seems the changes they made to NFL Now around the start of the regular season are quite drastically different and so it makes it very difficult to grab all the videos.

04/11/2015 Channel Update

NEW: Added more 2015 Archived NFL Network shows in Gamepass International.

05/09/2015 Channel Update

NEW: Changed title of live gamepass games to include game start time.

Fixed: Gamepass archived shows now working.

04/09/2015 Channel Update

NEW: Added Total Access 2015.

NEW: Added Gamepass subscription preference.

02/09/2015 Channel Update

NEW: Added Hard Knocks 2015 and Superbowl Archives.

NEW: After live stream of game finishes, archive of game available (with commercials) from the live menu section until the fully edited version is available in the archive section.

10/08/2015 Channel Update

Fixed: NFL Network Live stream working for gamepass subscribers on Samsung client.

Fixed: 2015 folder for Gamepass US.

NEW: Added Preseason games to Gamepass US.

07/08/2015 Channel Update

Fixed: Game Rewind content rebranded to GamePass US and now working

NEW: NFL Redzone archives from 2014 and 2015 added.

03/08/2015 Channel Update

Fixed: Total Access 2014, NFL Films presents 2014 menus not loading on any plex client.

Fixed: NFL Network archived shows in the gamepass menu were not playing on any client.

13/05/2015 Channel Update

Fixed: Sometimes NFL Network Archive content in Gamepass menu would fail to load a submenu due to an error by NFL Gamepass where they list an invalid URL for one stream in the list.

NEW: Improvements to My Team, now lists NFL Now and NFL.com/videos as sources for My Team Videos.

10/01/2015 Channel Update

Fixed: Only show NFL Now streams that are currently live.

09/01/2015 Channel Update

NEW: added NFL Now.

NEW: added NFL Now live content, which includes NFL Network live channel.

05/11/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: NFL Network Live now working on Roku & Samsung.

27/08/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: NFL.com/videos teams sections will now work.

12/08/2014 Channel Update

NEW: Added 2014 NFL Network archived content to gamepass section.

30/06/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: gamepass and game rewind working again after nfl site changes.

12/06/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: All NFL Gamepass/Game Rewind archived games from 2013 working again.

05/06/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: All NFL Network Archived gamepass content working again.

24/05/2014 Channel Update

NEW: Added Top 100 players of 2014 to NFL.com/videos section

FIXED: NFL.com/videos section now working again following there new site design.

11/05/2014 Channel Update

NEW: Improvements to gamepass menus and submenus

NEW: Added Top 100 players of 2014 to Gamepass>NFL Network Archive

FIXED: Huge improvements to URL service code.

09/05/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: Another Bug fix for manual selected bitrate of live streams.

NEW: Tidied Main Menu so that nfl.com videos has a new sub menu.

08/05/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: Bug fix for bitrate value for manual selected bitrate of live streams.

06/05/2014 Channel Update

NEW: Added preference option to control selection of bitrate for gamepass live streams. Default is same as before (Auto) and should only be changed if you are having buffering issues.

04/04/2014 Channel Update

NEW: Added NFL Network Archived Shows section for Gamepass subscribers (2013 only, as couldn't get older shows to work)

FIXED: Made some tweaks to code to make it tidier

03/03/2014 Channel Update

FIXED: Changes to code for NFL Game Rewind subscribers

17/11/2013 Channel Update

NEW: Now on and Next on information for NFL Network Live TV Channel.

25/10/2013 Channel Update

FIXED: Changed code to fix Samsung client issue with Archived Games.

15/09/2013 Channel Update

NEW: Redzone Archive added to gamepass menu.

UPDATED: Removed game highlights as no longer exists on nfl.com/videos

08/09/2013 Channel Update 2

NEW: Added NFL Redzone for Gamepass subscribers (Only on clients that support encrypted HLS streams)

08/09/2013 Channel Update

FIXED: Game Rewind works for 2013 games.

05/09/2013 Channel Update

NEW: Added NFL Game Rewind (for US subscribers only).

19/08/2013 Channel Update

FIXED: Live feeds for NFL Network Live and Gamepass working again on clients that support encrypted HLS streams. Gamepass subscription now needed to make NFL Network live feed work.

13/08/2013 Channel Update

FIXED: Support for Gamepass users in the Netherlands that don't require Gamepass subscription/login.

05/08/2013 Channel Directory submission

^^^ Click Show for Update information ^^^

Features

For Anyone:

- Videos from nfl.com/videos

For Gamepass Europe Subscribers:

- Archived games from 2013 onwards (full length, condensed, or coaches film).

- Archived NFL Redzone channel videos.

- Archived NFL Network shows.

- Live streams of games.

- Live stream of NFL Network TV channel.

- Live stream of NFL Redzone TV channel.

^^^ Click Show for Features information ^^^

Troubleshooting & FAQs

Q: I'm using a VPN/Proxy/DNS service to give me access to NFL Gamepass but getting some problems, what can I do?

A: This will most likely be an issue with your VPN/Proxy/DNS service, you will need to take this issue to there support or start a separate thread in the forum. Please can I ask that you don't post any issues about this in this thread. I don't like this to be discussed as it breaks US/international copyright laws. Equally it would be hard to support something that is most likely an unrelated problem to the functionality of this channel.

Q: I can't see where to download this channel?

A: It is in the official Plex Channel Directory within a plex app or plex/web.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201053758-Adding-Removing-and-Updating-a-Channel

Q: After an auto update I'm having a droplem?

A: See this article to uninstall and reinstall the channel again

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201053758-Adding-Removing-and-Updating-a-Channel

Q: How do I obtain logs?

A: View this guide - https://plexapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files

Q: I have read all of this but have a question, or error I wish to report. What shall I do?

A: Please post your questions in this thread, and if you have an error please also include the PMS version, plex client version and logs files for the channel, plex media server and your plex media client.

If you have any questions on the NFL Network channel please read this post first for a list of FAQs and troubleshooting tips. Click here for how to obtain logs

Please click here to donate to the development of the NFL Channel - Many thanks for your support!
Tagged:

Comments

• irishvirishv Posts: 61Members
    Working for me in the US. Thanks for this plugin, it looks like a great start. I had no idea how much content is on NFL.com. One bug I've noticed is that Shows, Spotlight, Events all show up as Teams when you drill into them.
  • 41john41john Channel Developer Posts: 783Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Forum Mod
    irishv wrote:

Working for me in the US. Thanks for this plugin, it looks like a great start. I had no idea how much content is on NFL.com. One bug I've noticed is that Shows, Spotlight, Events all show up as Teams when you drill into them.

Thanks irishv for the feedback, I have now fixed the code so the titles in the menus are correct. However I won't release a new version just yet as I'm hoping to have a new release out in the next few days, if I get the time and can figure out the login process. The new version will add NFL Network Live. However you will need to have a subscription for that section to work.

If you have any questions on the NFL Network channel please read this post first for a list of FAQs and troubleshooting tips. Click here for how to obtain logs

Please click here to donate to the development of the NFL Channel - Many thanks for your support!
  • irishvirishv Posts: 61Members
    Sounds great, can't wait to see the new release.
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,015Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    This plugin is sweet! Hopefully we actually get to use it this year ;-)
  • 41john41john Channel Developer Posts: 783Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Forum Mod
    Slopduck, if you have a game rewind login please email it to me if you wish me to attempt to add this feature.

Living in the UK, I have gamepass which is the international version of game rewind. Game rewind is US only. I should be able to use a US VPN though to get rewind working.

• boomstickboomstick Posts: 5Members
    Continuous play on the latest videos tab would be pretty awesome too...
  • lingpandalingpanda Posts: 159Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Tested on my Roku2. Seems to work great. Thanks.

PlexPass Lifetime Subscriber
    Plex Media Server Win 7 64bit

• tonydiftonydif Posts: 127Members
    NFL Channel has never stopped working form me on the ROKU.....great channel, my favorite plug-in.

Roku2 XD/Plextest app/Win7Pro + Ipad4/plexapp/ATV3/Plexconnect + Android + HTPC

always the latest PMS, Canada

I'm in the process of a massive re-write with this plugin.

It should hopefully be complete by the start of preseason.

• institute11institute11 Posts: 1,454Members ✭✭✭

Good news, I look forward to it.

• stbloungestblounge Posts: 1Members
    41john wrote on July 3 2013, 5:03 PM: »

I'm in the process of a massive re-write with this plugin.

It should hopefully be complete by the start of preseason.

Sweet. I was just about to ask about that, as the Gamepass option is not working (I assume it is running to the old 2012 link). I tried to modify that line of code to the newer link, but my xml knowledge is only partial and failed to get it going right.

• robbieyrobbiey Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yep also looking forward to the update to this - especially for gamepass in the new season. appreciate all the work on this plug in!

Good progress is being made, so there may be a release in the next week but I'm sure it will be around by at least by the time preseason starts. There is one part of the plugin that I need help with, and another Plex plug-in developer, Sander is helping with this so he deserves some of the Kudos too.

On the surface it will look really similar. However behind the scenes the plugin has had an almost full rewrite. Hopefully this will mean it should work a lot better on any plex client. I know some have had some difficulties in the past depending on the PMS and Plex client they used. This was due to two reasons.

First, the plugin code was an older version of the plex plugin framework and secondly because the videos used in the old plugin were flash based. The code has all been updated to the latest version of the plex framework, and the plugin will be playing mp4 files instead. Obtaining the mp4 files has been tricky as NFL do there best to hide them in the embedded flash player, but I have got it all working for the free content. Myself and Sander are working on the "paid" gamepass content, which is much harder but I think we are almost there.

Sounds great, Last year I had GamePass and streamed games to my ATV from my iPad via Airplay, Hopefully, this year I will be able to play them directly using Plexconnect, and from what you are saying here, I think that will be possible.
    institute11 wrote on July 18 2013, 10:30 AM: »

Sounds great, Last year I had GamePass and streamed games to my ATV from my iPad via Airplay, Hopefully, this year I will be able to play them directly using Plexconnect, and from what you are saying here, I think that will be possible.

I just tested plexconnect with the version of the plugin i have in development and the free content worked fine. I have not yet got the gamepass content working to test that.

Sweet. Nice work, I appreciate your efforts.

Thought I would give an update of how things are going with the development of this plugin.

1) All free content from NFL.com/videos is working fine on all devices.

2) 95% of archived games in gamepass from 2012 are working, only a few preseason games from that season are not working.

3) 2009-2011 games are not working as the hosted files are very different and I can't find a way of getting them to work. I don't think this is a big deal and won't stop me making an initial release, but I may come back to this another time (I like to watch the 2009 superbowl!)

4) The gamepass games are only working on the mac client at the moment, I will work on this bug during the coming week and it should be an easy fix as I know the reason behind this (cookie data not being correct on other clients).

5) NFL Network Live is working on all clients.

6) As this is a major rewrite I have not gotten to test the way the NFL provide the data about the URLs for live games, it might be exactly the same as the archived content but I won't know until preseason starts, fingers crossed it will be the same as the archived games but otherwise I will need to make some further tweaks to get it working.

Once I have got the gamepass content working on all clients I will provide a first release.

I have fixed the issue where gamepass content was only working on the mac plex client, it now works on all clients.

I have decided to get this app into the channel directory rather than posting it on the forum. I have removed the link on the start of this thread and will post again once the plugin is live in the channel directory. it might take a week or so to get added into the app store as I know sander1 who looks after this is quite busy at the moment. it is not a case of simple adding it to the channel directory, the code needs to be verified and tested.

If there is anyone from the US that has a game rewind account please feel free to PM your username and password for game rewind as I'm happy to try again at getting game rewind into this plugin.

• wmandrewwilsonwmandrewwilson Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just wanted to say that this is awesome! Thanks so much for implementing this. I am a hardcore Falcons fan and it pains me to be nice to a Saints fan, but you deserve it! :P

wmandrewwilson wrote on July 31 2013, 9:30 PM: »

Just wanted to say that this is awesome! Thanks so much for implementing this. I am a hardcore Falcons fan and it pains me to be nice to a Saints fan, but you deserve it! :P

Thanks. It was hard implementing an Atlanta Falcons section in the my team preference list, I considered leaving them out as I didn't think anyone would notice ;-)