Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Exporting server from Windows to Nvidia Shield. Any advice?

smtascismtasci Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've finally got round to purchasing a Nvidia Shield and I'm going to mainly use it as my Plex server.

Before it arrives I'm just wondering if I'll be able to export my current server set up from Windows to save time correcting incorrect matches etc. I've got a rather large collection that has taken countless hours tweaking so far and would rather not have to go through the same ordeal where possible.

Any advice would be most welcome, thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• smtascismtasci Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the speedy reply guys.

Yea beginning to wish I'd done far more research in to this as it's not looking like the favourable option now.

Might just stick to my HP microserver for the time being

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@smtasci said:
    Thanks for the speedy reply guys.

Yea beginning to wish I'd done far more research in to this as it's not looking like the favourable option now.

Might just stick to my HP microserver for the time being

I don't use either of my Shield TVs for a Plex Server, but they are my primary media playback devices nevertheless. Gaming, streaming, watching TV...you won't be disappointed.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• smtascismtasci Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks again!

Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. It'll definitely be an upgrade from my Raspberry Pi2 :smiley: