Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Freenas: Adding a SSD for transcoding, etc

Joeboy73Joeboy73 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Hello Everyone,

I just added a SSD for my freenas server (Plex is up and running fine) and I wanted to know if there was a way to just import the disk OR do I need to create a new PMS jail?

If I can import would this be the proper location: /mnt/media2/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server

Thank you!

Comments

• ValdhorValdhor Posts: 497 Plex Pass

Why did you add the SSD in the first place? Was it to speed up FreeNAS or was it specifically for Plex transcodes? The former would only be useful for multi-user FreeNAS systems. The latter would only be useful, in my opinion, for multiple simultaneous transcodes, and even then I would question the necessity. Hard disks are plenty fast enough for transcoding.

Oh, forgot, you could have added the SSD as a boot device. In that case you can't use it as a transcoding target.