Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't get tv show to play

racquemisracquemis Posts: 3Members ✭✭

The Plex Alexa Skill seems to have a lot of trouble playing Doctor Who.
Everytime i ask Alexa to play doctor who on plex it Always says : "It looks like you were in the middle of Sicario, do you want to continue where you left off"

If i ask it to play a specific episode of the series, it asks if i want to play Scorpion. I don't have issues with other series.
I checked the Alexa command history and it recognizes Doctor Who correctly. Plex seems to dislike the show and play something else.

Any idea how i can get the correct series to play?

Answers

• OcdanOcdan Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What I've been noticing is that it only actually finds the tv shows if you say the year they started. So for instance The Flash finds nothing (despite it telling me its on deck as 'The Flash'), if I ask for The Flash 2014 it works fine. I'm hoping there is a way to avoid this but might help you for now.

• GordonWorswickGordonWorswick Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can i ask when it plays the season for you guys does it play the episodes back to back? mine just plays 1 episode and then goes back to the dashboard? I'm trying to figure out if its just me but not getting much support :)