Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to fix Plex casting to Chromecast device?

AhmedghazwanAhmedghazwan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I tried to cast to chromecast today and It only showed black screen everytime. However, everything else like youtube and normal tab casting is working ok.

The problem also occurs when I am using my iPhone.

Best Answer

• AhmedghazwanAhmedghazwan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I have to say I have learned a lot from this experience. When I first encountered this issue, i struggled to find ways to contact Plex support. I was happy to find Plex special forum for Plex Pass Subscribers thinking that I will get responsive feedback. However, it was unfortunate to to know that I was mistaken.

Thanks to Google search, I managed to find several suggestions to solve the problem which I will post here because it might possibly help somebody else and they are as follows:

1. Factory reset the chromecast.
    2. Downgrading Plex app.
    3. Changing the login IP address from 127.0.0.1:32400 to (Your PC/Server IP Address):32400 like 192.168.10.12:32400

I tried also the following:

1. Restart the router.
    2. Restart the PC.

BTW, all these attempts failed. I remembered suddenly something that I did change in Plex setting. I have removed tick from enable the DLNA server. I just put the tick back and everything started working smoothly.

Answers

• AhmedghazwanAhmedghazwan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I have to say I have learned a lot from this experience. When I first encountered this issue, i struggled to find ways to contact Plex support. I was happy to find Plex special forum for Plex Pass Subscribers thinking that I will get responsive feedback. However, it was unfortunate to to know that I was mistaken.

Thanks to Google search, I managed to find several suggestions to solve the problem which I will post here because it might possibly help somebody else and they are as follows:

1. Factory reset the chromecast.
    2. Downgrading Plex app.
    3. Changing the login IP address from 127.0.0.1:32400 to (Your PC/Server IP Address):32400 like 192.168.10.12:32400

I tried also the following:

1. Restart the router.
    2. Restart the PC.

BTW, all these attempts failed. I remembered suddenly something that I did change in Plex setting. I have removed tick from enable the DLNA server. I just put the tick back and everything started working smoothly.