Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RasPlex PI 3 no TrueHD passthrough?

painpain Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 8 in Rasplex

I ran OpenPHT on my laptop first and seen that it did have TreHD passthrough option and it worked fine. So i bought a Raspberry Pi 3 loaded rasplex and I dont see the option for TrueHD.. Is that not available yet?

Best Answer

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 279Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

maybe on the Rpi4 with 4K support

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,200Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 14

@mrjiffy6 said:
    I just did play a TrueHD track today on a Pi 3 with RasPlex 1.8.0 and it played quite decently, even though the receiver see the audio track as a Multi Channel In 7.1 audio track and I have to select manually another sound mode on the receiver to enable the height speakers. Indeed, it would be really nice to have the option available for the Pi 3! Not sure it will happen though according to this post

Ask the Pi foundation then. They are the ones who didn't build a product with the support for bit streaming. This isn't a rasplex issue.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub