Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Thumbnails missing

SynnSynn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 55 Plex Pass

Hi,

Has anyone else seen this issue, or have a fix? Most of the time when I launch the Windows client, the thumbnails on the Home screen, and each of the sections are just grey Plex icons, rather than the actual thumbnails. If I restart a few times, it seems to bring them back.

No issues on any other player (web, iOS, Xbox, Firestick) - just the Windows store app version (running Windows 10)

Changing to Plex Cloud, local media and back to PMS makes no difference, they all just show Plex thumbnail images rather than the media?

Answers

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,122 Plex Pass

I haven't installed the Windows store app in a long time, but I'll check it out tonight and see if the same thing happens. Are you running the Creator's update, and are you 32 or 64 bit?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.7.5 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• SynnSynn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 55 Plex Pass

64-bit, not running Creators update yet. Killing it from Task Manager, rather than killing from the client sometimes seems to work (more than closing the client itself and relaunching)

There were tons of thumbnail issues in the past with this app, so it doesn't surprise me if the issue has reappeared. I'll install it and let you know what happens.

Where are my log files?

Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• missionspartamissionsparta Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 151 Plex Pass

I know they tried to fix the app so it populated the artwork faster and that update did just that. But then all the updates after to fix the hundred or so other issues, seems to have greatly slowed the population back down. So many problems with this app (clunky and slow, syncing, etc). Something needs to be done NOW with this app because it has become almost unusable.

@pombeirp hasn't been active since April 27th - maybe he's on vacation. I'm hoping that's why there hasn't been any dev comments for the last two weeks.

Where are my log files?

edited May 8

I just installed the Plex app on my Windows 10 x64 Creator's update, and all the thumbnails work perfectly. However, it crashes (playback stops, most of the time the screen goes to black, can't navigate - have to close the app) when I play media.

Where are my log files?

• SynnSynn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 55 Plex Pass

Mine works occasionally, however doesn't work more times than it does

• missionspartamissionsparta Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 151 Plex Pass

Hopefully he is just on vacation. Hope nothing is wrong and he is well.> @kegobeer-plex said:

@pombeirp hasn't been active since April 27th - maybe he's on vacation. I'm hoping that's why there hasn't been any dev comments for the last two weeks.

Hopefully he is just on vacation. Hope nothing is wrong and he is well.