Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't see synced items in phone's location

BiertBiert Posts: 3 Plex Pass
edited May 8 in Android (mobile)

My boyfriend has a Plex account added to my "My Home" users. He uses the Android app on a Nexus 5X. Today he renamed his account (and changed the e-mail address) and ever since he can no longer access synced items on his phone.

When he selects the local storage from the list of servers, nothing shows up. He can browse and play from my server, and he can sync from the server to his phone, but nothing shows up. Items that were synced before renaming are not accessible either, although the do show up as synced when browsing on the server. The Sync status screen shows the synced items.

We have tried removing the previously synced items, wiping cache, wiping data, rebooting the phone, reinstalling the app, re-adding the user to "My Home", but nothing works. Plz send help.

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 14,901 Plex Employee

@Biert said:
    We have tried removing the previously synced items, wiping cache, wiping data, reinstalling the app

Those activities will remove any sync items currently save on the device, so those would be gone now. Has he tried syncing an item after having done these things?

• BiertBiert Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@MovieFan.Plex said:

@Biert said:
    We have tried removing the previously synced items, wiping cache, wiping data, reinstalling the app

Those activities will remove any sync items currently save on the device, so those would be gone now. Has he tried syncing an item after having done these things?

Yes he has, syncing works but the items are not showing up in his local collection.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 14,901 Plex Employee

Can you get his log from the Android app along with some screenshots?

• BiertBiert Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Attaching screenshots and logs.