Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do you configure a custom media scanner or agent on a Mac

I just installed Plex on a Mac mini and it's unable to see and correctly identify my anime collection. Is it possible to create or add a custom media agent or scanner that will do just that. And how would you go about adding it on a Mac.

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 9,194 Plex Employee

You put it in the ~/LibraryApplication Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins folder.

you select the scanner in the library settings

There are already are ones that users have created just search on forum. many are in this section. I know there are Anime ones but I don't watch anime so haven't used them myself.

• halfdredhalfdred Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Do I just drop the folder, such as AMSA, into the Plug-ins folder?

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 9,194 Plex Employee

I'm sorry it should be ~/LibraryApplication Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/thescanner.py

the Scanners directory should already be there.

after you put it there then restart the server then it should be available in the library set up. generallywhoever made it will have any additional info as far as set up on the github or forum post