Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Pass Cloud

Hello all,

I currently have a Plex server set up on my raspberry pi at my college. I can access it and watch my videos when I am connected to the school's WiFi but when I go outside the school's WiFi, it will not work. I assume it is because the remote access is being blocked by the school's router. I know with the Plex Pass subscription, I am able to pick media to keep in the cloud and access it through Plex even if my Plex Media Server is offline or inaccessible for whatever reason.

I have two questions:
1. If i buy the Plex Pass, would this be a successful workaround to not being able to setup remote access to watch my shows wherever I am?
2. Does the Plex cloud have a limit to how many movies/tv shows I can upload to the cloud?

Thank you for your time

Answers

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 4,432 Plex Pass

@akefalos@comcast.net said:
    I have two questions:
    1. If i buy the Plex Pass, would this be a successful workaround to not being able to setup remote access to watch my shows wherever I am?
    2. Does the Plex cloud have a limit to how many movies/tv shows I can upload to the cloud?

Thank you for your time

The cloud server would be a completely different Plex server than the one you host on your RPI, nothing syncs between the two - just a fyi.

1. Yes, you'd be able to access the cloud Plex server from anywhere. There are some users with issues getting it working, so I'd review all the cloud threads you can find.

2. No, the only limit is how much storage space you have in your cloud storage.

Check out the FAQ: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/sections/205949648-Plex-Cloud

• @kegobeer-plex said:

I have two questions:

Thank you for your time

The cloud server would be a completely different Plex server than the one you host on your RPI, nothing syncs between the two - just a fyi.

1. Yes, you'd be able to access the cloud Plex server from anywhere. There are some users with issues getting it working, so I'd review all the cloud threads you can find.

2. No, the only limit is how much storage space you have in your cloud storage.

Check out the FAQ: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/sections/205949648-Plex-Cloud

Thank you for your answer. I bought Plex Pass and have uploaded movies from my OneDrive to the Plex Cloud. If I delete movies from my OneDrive to make space for more, will they also be deleted from the Plex Cloud?

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 203 Plex Pass

Thank you for your answer. I bought Plex Pass and have uploaded movies from my OneDrive to the Plex Cloud. If I delete movies from my OneDrive to make space for more, will they also be deleted from the Plex Cloud?

Yes, of course

also, its not that your school is blocking your plex server, its that outside traffic to that port isnt fowarded to your server